Solar control films are thin laminate films specifically designed for transparent building surfaces such as doors and windows and are majorly employed to prevent transfer of heat and light. Moreover, these films also provide effective barrier to high heat levels, thereby providing protection against glare, hotspots, and uneven temperature variations. In addition, these films have significantly led to reduction of heat occurred due to sun on glass, which in turn reduces the air-conditioning and cooling costs. At the time of winters these films reduce heat loss by reflecting up to 35 percentage of heat back in to the room. Furthermore, the use of solar films has now become a commonplace in urban areas in tropical countries and in other regions that experience warm temperatures.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global solar control films market. This research study includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
The market witnesses significant growth owing to boom in real estate industry. In addition, infrastructural enhancement in the developing nations such as construction of malls and high rise buildings also contributes to the growth of solar control films. Moreover, the ongoing trend of constructing buildings that have more glass area further contributes to rapid adoption of sun control films. Increase in emphasis on energy security and stringent government regulation boost the market growth include. However, traditional window films are similar to mirrors, which makes it difficult to look outside at night. This factor restricts the growth of the market.
The global solar control films market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, it is divided into clear (non-reflective), dyed (non-reflective), and vacuum coated (reflective). Based on application, the market is classified into automotive, construction, marine, decorative, and others (graphics and transportation). Based on absorber type, the market is categorized as organic, inorganic, and metallic. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector include Garware Suncontrol, 3M, Jupiter International, Recon Blinds, Guangdong New Vision Film Technology Co., Ltd, Madico, Solar Gard, Saint-Gobain SA, Solar Gard, and Recon Blinds.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2017-2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are studied as per key trends and developments in the market and presence of industry players.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the market are also listed.
- This study evaluates the value chain to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation is provided to elucidate the dominant market opportunities.
Solar Control Films Market Key Segments:
- Clear (Non-Reflective)
- Dyed (Non-Reflective)
- Vacuum coated (Reflective)
- Others (Graphics and Transportation)
By Absorber Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA