Petrol pumps are often installed and commissioned in the outskirts of main cities where power cuts are common. These pumps usually consume high electricity as they have to function for 24 hours. Most petrol pumps are often based on diesel generators, which are expensive and do not provide instant backup. Solar power provide a cost effective and economic solution to meet the daily power needs of any petrol pump by providing solar electricity for a longer period of time and avoiding the damage of dispensing units at petrol pumps, which might occur due to sudden power failure. Moreover, deployment of solar panels at petrol pumps solves the problem of load shedding in addition to more savings on electricity bills. .
Sufficiency of solar power to produce electricity to power fuel guns and various other office equipment in extreme remotely located petrol pumps, where power supply is available for few hours or not available; and increased investments in solar energy coupled with subsidy on solar installation drive the market growth. Furthermore, use of grid tie solar systems as an efficient alternative to batteries, resulting in space- and cost saving, zero gas and residue emission leading to reduction of carbon footprint supplement the market growth. However, issues related with grid congestion and the quality of solar panels is making people overcautious over the setup of new panels, which is projected to impede the market growth.
The report segments the market on the basis of installation type, technology, grid type, and geography. Based on installation type, it is divided into ground mounted, rooftop, and canopy. The technology segment includes thin film and crystalline. On the basis of grid type, the market is bifurcated into off-grid and on-grid. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Su-Kam Solar
- Kinara Power Systems
- Solkar Solar Industry
- Reylon Solar
- Suntech Power Holding Co. Ltd.
- Sun Power Corporation
- First Solar Inc.
- Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd.
- Canadian Solar Inc.
- Solar World Ag
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global solar power in petrol pump market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Solar Power In Petrol Pump Market Key Segments:
By Installation Type
- Ground Mounted
- Thin Film
By Grid Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAME