Solar Trash Compactors Market Outlook - 2027
Solar trash compactor is an automated smart system that analyses the trash bins fill in level and according to the fill in level, compactor starts automatic compaction of waste. Solar trash compactor operates through a rechargeable battery which can be charged by using solar panel. With the use of solar trash compactor, capacity of trash bin can be increased by 6-8 times. Generally, batteries in solar trash compactors last for 3 to 4 weeks. These compactors are very useful in public places like gardens, parks, theatres where amount of waste to be collected is more. Also solar trash compactor does not cause any pollution as it is purely based on the solar system.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for solar trash compactor is expected to decrease in the year 2020 as most of the public places are closed due to the lockdown.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the solar trash compactor industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of solar trash compactor market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of corona virus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors:
Solar trash compactor has emerged as an effective solution for the waste disposal. As solar trash compactor purely runs on the solar system, it also provides environmental benefits as these trash compactors are free from pollution. By using solar trash compactor, manpower can be reduced and it helps the organization in cost saving. Solar trash compactors have been used at various public places to keep these places clean and to manage the waste disposal in effective and efficient way. By using 3G wireless network, these compactors are connected to a remote software platform.
New product development:
Considering the increasing use of solar trash compactors many companies have started producing more reliable and technically advanced solar trash compactors. High demand for solar trash compactor is seen in hospitals also, considering the medical instruments such as syringes must be thrown away, it cannot be reused. Hence there is more waste material in hospitals.
In January 2019, one of the key players in the solar trash compact market such as Solar bins Australia have developed advanced solar trash bin system named as Bigbelly solar compactors. This system has been adopted at the places like Palm Beach County to keep the beach clean and free from any waste. These trash compactor gathers the mixed waste such as liquid waste, solid waste and recyclable waste and then that waste is inserted in the container. The capacity of Bigbelly solar compactor is measured in liters.
Features of Bigbelly solar compactors are:
Bigbelly solar compactors come up with a high capacity of 500 liters and because of this high capacity more waste can be compacted at one time. In bigbelly solar compactor includes flagship hopper design which helps to maintain the contained waste and overflow of waste is prevented. It is observed that, by the use of bigbelly solar compactors, the waste on the street has been reduced by almost 86%. Bigbelly solar compactor can compact any type waste such as solid waste, liquid waste. This solar compactor informs the operator when the trash bin is 85% full by sending an email or text, so that overflow of trash bin is avoided.
In 2016 Government of India announced The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to reduce the waste in country. Government also involved digital technology in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, so that this program will become more effective. Government planned to develop the trash bins which are based on solar energy.
Solar- powered trash bins will send an alert to operator when it is near its full capacity and because of this waste overflow will be prevented and streets will remain clean. Solar powered trash bins have been implemented with the help of internet of things (IoT) technology so that it will be more advanced and efficient.
As, solar trash compactors offers better waste management and also these are not harmful for the environment, governments of many countries ad various companies have adopted the solar trash compactor system, it is expected that this will drive the solar trash compactors market during forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the solar trash compactor market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed solar trash compactor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the solar trash compactor market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the solar trash compactor market?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the different segments in the market?
- What are the applications of solar trash compactor?
Solar Trash Compactors Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Waste Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Bluestream, Shanghai Jiajing Machinery Ltd., Wastecare Corporation, Dacheng Machinery Make Co. Ltd., Bigbelly Inc., Sunshine Recycling Inc., SP Industries Inc., Waste Management Inc., Ecube Labs, Bay area trash compactor