The global solid state pressure sensor market size is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. A solid state pressure sensor generally contains a silicon body with a fringe for mounting the body to help structure and a focal adaptable diaphragm along with outskirts that shape a basic solid structure. However, strain gauge sensors are mounted on the silicon body for giving electrical signals as a component of flexure of the diaphragm. Solid state pressure sensor’s main features are low cost, constant voltage & current, gage pressure, and easy to use DIP package. Its applications re mainly found in blood pressure meter, portable gages, process control, negative pressure, among others.
The global solid state pressure sensor market is segmented into type, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the market is further segmented into analog and digital. Based on industry vertical, the market is bifurcated further into automotive, consumer electronic s, oil & gas, industrial, medical and others. Geographically, the global market is divided across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, Africa).
Key players of the solid state pressure sensor market analyzed in the research include Analog Microelectronics, ADZ NAGANO, Siemens, General Electric, TT Electronics, Ifm electronic, Endress+Hauser, JUMO, Melexis, Acuity Incorporated, Kita Sensor, Phoenix Sensors, and Trafag. They have adopted various strategies including new product launches, collaborations, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements, and others to gain a stronghold and international presence across the world.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The main factor powering the solid state pressure sensor market development is the consistently expanding automobile industry worldwide. Pressure sensors are utilized to coolant pressure, monitor engine oil, and to control the motor force if there is an occurrence of speeding up & slowing down. With the always expanding interest for automotive vehicles around the world, the pressure sensors market is extended due to powerful development during the forecast period. Another central point overseeing the market development is the requirement of guidelines over introducing tire pressure checking framework (TPMS) in vehicles, which is extended to support the market development. In any case, high replacement & establishment cost is a significant challenge for the solid state pressure sensor market.
The automotive on-vehicle segment to hold the largest share in the solid state pressure sensor market during the forecast period
The application segment includes HVAC, automotive on-vehicle, process controls, medical devices measurement & test along with others (air data test sets, cockpit instruments, air data computers gaming, and navigation). The automotive on-vehicle segment in the solid state pressure sensor market is expected to embrace the major share during the forecast period. This segment is expected to retain its lead in the market during the forecast period, owing to the use of pressure sensors in automotive vehicle services for numerous applications such as fuel pressure calculation in tank, oil pressure in power steering calculation, nitrous pressure calculation, differential calculation, tire pressure measurement, intake manifold pressure calculation, and brake pressure calculation.
Surge in usage in automotive and industrial applications
Based on industry vertical, the market is characterized into automotive, oil & gas, industrial, consumer electronics, medical, and others. The developing utilization of MEMS gadgets in wearable gadgets & consumer electronics leads to the market development. The automotive application sector is expected to observe high development over the forecast time frame attributable to the ascent in utilization of sensors in tire pressure estimation frameworks, vehicle mechanization, and the demand for concept cars around the world. The sensors further assist in battery control, occupant detection, and emission control.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Several major solid state pressure sensor market players have halted the production of solid-state pressure sensor amidst the lockdown.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, the revenue generated from the pressure sensor segment is expected to be reduced for a few months as electronics components and consumer pressure sensor manufacturers have stopped their production amid lockdown. However, it is anticipated to rebound quickly as market resumes.
- The demand for solid-state pressure sensor has experienced a downfall during the coronavirus pandemic due to the negatively-affected supply chain amid lockdown.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is receding slowly in countries, such as China and India, and governments are now lifting the lockdown to start industrial activities. This is likely to be a huge opportunity for several solid-state pressure sensor manufacturers in these countries to grow and generate maximum revenue.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global solid state pressure sensor industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global solid state pressure sensor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global solid state pressure sensor market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed solid state pressure sensor market scope analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the solid state pressure sensor market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the solid state pressure sensor market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Solid State Pressure Sensor Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
STMicroelectronics N.V., ABB Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., E+E Elektronik Ges.m.b.H., NXP Semiconductors N.V., First Sensor AG, Infineon Technologies AG, TE Connectivity Ltd., ams AG, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd