Solid state relays (SSRs) are electronic devices that switches either ON or OFF by the application of a small external voltage throughout its control terminals. They have semiconductor switching elements, such as thyristors, triacs, diodes, and transistors. There are three types of SSRs based on its output among these, AC output solid state relays are used to control the flow of electrical energy in AC power systems. Various SSRs require lesser power than electromechanical relay coils to turn ON or OFF.
SSR is utilized in numerous areas such as electromechanical relays or contactors. It has been increasingly employed in various industrial process control applications, such as temperature control, motors, lamps, solenoids, valves and transformers, and others. It provides fast-paced response with absolute absence of contact bounce. The time between application of command signal and switching ON of output circuit is around 20-100 microseconds.
SSRs have been gaining popularity due to various advantages such as robust design, long operational life of approximately 50 million to 500 million, low operating noise, and less maintenance costs. However, issues related to current leakage and high cost hamper the market growth. Moreover, rise in their demand across several industries have created numerous opportunities for the players operating in the market.
The global SSR market is segmented into mounting type, output, end user, and geography. Mounting type includes panel mount, PCB mount, and DIN rail mount. Based on output, the market is classified into AC Output, DC Output, and AC/DC output. On the basis of end user, it is categorized into industrial, commercial, and residential. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, South Korea, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The major companies profiled in the report include Omron Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Teledyne Relays, Inc., ABB Ltd, General Electric, Avago Technologies, Ltd., Omega Engineering Inc., Crydom Inc., and Celduc Relais.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global solid-state relay market along with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends have been outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with the impact analyses.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations for the period of 2017-2023 is provided determine the financial potential of the market.
- Porters five forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis provided a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders.
Solid State Relay Market Key Segments
By Mounting Type
- Panel Mount
- PCB Mount
- DIN Rail Mount
- AC Output
- DC Output
- AC/DC Output
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Avago Technologies, Ltd.
- Celduc Relais
- Crydom Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- General Electric
- Omega Engineering Inc.
- Omron Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Teledyne Relays, Inc.