Solid tumors are abnormal mass of tissues that do not comprise any cyst or liquid areas within them. These tumors are of two types, i.e. benign (non-cancerous) and malignant (cancerous). These tumors comprise lymphomas, carcinomas, sarcomas, and melanomas. Most of the solid tumors are treated using radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and/or surgery.
The global solid tumor drugs market is driven by rise in prevalence of different forms of metastatic cancers, increase in the demand for highly effective chemotherapeutic agents, and exposure to risk factors such as alcohol consumption and obesity. However, high cost of therapy and associated side effects such as skin reactions, anemia, and hair loss hamper the market growth. However, advancements in treatment techniques, such as targeted and combination therapies, which include Kadcyla and Herceptin for breast cancer provide growth opportunities for the market growth.
The global solid tumor drugs market is segmented based on type, application, and region. Based on type, it is bifurcated into small molecules and biologics. On the basis of application, it is divided into oncology, radiology, and neurology. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in this market are AstraZeneca, Abbott Laboratories, Amgen Limited & Amgen Ireland Limited, Biogen, Baxter, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Celgene Corporation, and Pfizer Inc.
- The report presents the market analysis of the global solid tumor market along with the regional trend and future estimations.
- It provides extensive information about the market segments from 2016 to 2023 to understand the market dynamics.
- The key factors that drive, hamper, or provide opportunities to the market are provided in the report
- Competitive landscape of the industry along with the profile analysis of market players is provided in the report.
Solid Tumor Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Small Molecules
- Blood and Blood Components
- Gene Therapy
- Recombinant Proteins
- Somatic Cells
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA