A synthetic fabric with polymer base with exceptional elastic properties is called spandex. Spandex is manufactured by using PTMEG and MDI as the chemical reactants and is used in the manufacture of skin tight garments such as belts, bras, gymwear, gloves, hosiery, swimwear, slacks, socks, undergarments etc. Spandex is also used in orthopedic braces and surgical hoses. It is produced through four different processes including reaction spinning, melt extrusion, solution dry spinning and solution wet spinning. A monomer is initially reacted to form a prepolymer which is in turn reacted to form spandex fibers. Spandex is usually stronger and more durable than latex or rubber. A spandex fabric expands up to 600% of its original length without losing its integrity. Some prominent areas of application of spandex include home furnishings, casual clothing, sportswear, diapers, compression stockings and hoses, bandages and others.
The world spandex market is mainly driven by increasing demand for spandex woven fabrics especially for sportswear and gymwear along with rising demand for spandex in medical bandages and surgical hoses. Also, spandex is relatively more reliable, durable and possess a better finish in terms of appearance than latex or rubber which is a major reason driving the world spandex market. Technological advancements to enhance the quality of spandex is in turn fueling the demand for spandex. However, skin allergic infections due to presence of harmful chemicals is a key factor expected to hinder the growth of the world spandex market over the forecast period.
The report segments the world spandex market on the basis of application, fabric type and production process. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into clothing and medical. Among fabric type, the world spandex market is segmented into two-way spandex and four-way spandex. Considering production process, the market is segmented into dry spinning and wet spinning. Regionally, the world spandex market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Various chemical giants are focusing on the production of multi-colored spandex yarn to fulfil the increasing demand for colorful sports and gym wear. Major companies profiled in this report include Asahi Kasei Corporation, Hyosung Corporation, Du Pont, Toray Industries, Invista, Far Eastern New Century Corporation, Yantai Tayho Advanced Material Corporation Ltd. among others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and opportunities in the world spandex market.
- Market estimations and forecast in this report are accessed by analyzing the factors affecting the growth of the market and future market potential in terms of value and volume
- Region specific and country specific analysis of market are based on primary as well as secondary sources and are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading producers and suppliers of spandex) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- The report provides extensive qualitative insights on the potential and niche segments or regions exhibiting favorable growth.
- The report provides an overall analysis on the production and manufacturing process of spandex along with region-wise government regulations on the manufacture and use of spandex.
Spandex Market Report Highlights
By Fabric Type
Key Market Players
Others, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Du Pont, Toray Industries, Yantai Tayho Advanced Material Corporation Ltd., Far Eastern New Century Corporation, Invista, Hyosung Corporation