A speaker driver is a transducer that converts an electrical audio signal to sound waves. It is a loudspeaker with output in the form of sound. Speaker drivers play a very important role in reducing the audio output quality of the headphones. As the demand for bass-heavy headphones is increasing, the integration of large-sized drivers has become the main focus. The area covered by the magnet or the size of this field is directly proportional to its bass effect. A large magnetic field generates deep bass. The larger the air displacement, the higher the volume. To recreate realistic bass response in a driver, the driver must be able to displace air. Dynamic drivers are excellent in displacing air. Therefore, these drivers are most suited for creating an impressive bass response.
"The Global Speaker Driver market is segmented on the basis of Type, Driver, Application, and Region. Based on type, the market is divided into Mobile Phones/Tablets, Headphones/Earphones, Smart Speakers. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Consumer, Enterprise, Medical. On the basis of Driver, the market is divided into Dynamic Driver, Balanced Armature Driver, Planar Magnetic, Electrostatic. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 has affected the speaker driver market in terms of production capability, supply chain, and others
- As the demand and production of various devices that are integrated with speaker drivers have declined, the volume figures of speaker drivers have been affected.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has led to lockdowns in countries, which restricted the import and exports of material and required electrical components.
- Many speaker driver manufacturers have facilities in China and rely on the country to supply components, and have thus faced delays due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Also, as government of different provinces have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process being adversely affected; thus, hinder the overall Speaker Driver market opportunity globally.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Attributed to increasing demand for wireless and small sized earphones among fitness enthusiasts, the supply of earbuds has increased, leading to an increase in the demand for speaker drivers. The increasing adoption of audio and video streaming services and growing demand for smartphones are major key drivers of the speaker driver market. However, some of the limitations in the speaker driver market have detrimental effects on the health of listeners, as they produce high sound levels close to ear, the volatility of prices in raw materials, such as copper aluminum and steel, is expected to have a significant impact on the manufacturing cost of speaker drivers. Whereas, rising popularity of wireless audio equipment is creating opportunity for the market.
The global speaker driver market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well.
In September 2020, Sennheiser launched the CX 400BT True Wireless. It is equipped with 7mm dynamic drivers and delivers high-fidelity stereo sound with deep bass, natural mids, and clear, detailed treble.
In November 2019, GN Store Nord A/S entered into a partnership with Knowles Electronics with an aim to offer intelligent video, audio, and hearing solutions
Surge in usage in electronic and industrial application
The rising popularity of wireless audio equipment is an emerging trend in the speaker drivers market. Due to technological advancements, speaker drivers are now enabled with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi; hence, it can play audio without any wires connected to it. Consumers' consumption behavior is also changing and a majority of the consumers are shifting toward wireless audio equipment due to its convenience. Due to this, the speaker driver market is experiencing growth.
Smart speakers are gaining popularity in tourism and hospitality sectors. In hospitality application, these can be used for room control lighting, playing audio content, learning about weather and travel updates, ordering room service and housekeeping, calling reception, and checking out. The rapid expansion and commercialization of 5G networks is another factor supporting the market growth as this enables subscribers to access uninterrupted high quality content, which, in turn, is resulting in increasing need for high quality audio output systems among consumers.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global speaker driver market size along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global speaker driver market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the speaker driver market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the Speaker Driver industry.
- The report provides a detailed global speaker driver market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
The current Speaker Driver market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to benchmark the financial competency.
- Questions answered in the speaker driver market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the speaker driver market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Speaker Driver Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Samsung Electronics, Fostex International, Beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG, Eastec Voz Electronic co. ltd, Fortune Grand Technology inc., Sony Corporation, Bose, Knowles Electronics