Specialty Paper Market Analysis :
Specialty paper refers to the paper that is created/coated for a specific use. It is high-end, fine paper that can be applicable for invitations, stationery, packaging, paper craft, and industrial purposes. Such papers are either manufactured separately or as normal paper, and are subsequently processed into specialty paper by coating it with pulp chemicals, thereby making it accessible for special use. In recent years, the specialty paper industry has grown substantially, owing to the accelerated acceptance of packaging structures and home distribution facilities in various sectors. The demand for such papers is gaining traction with the rapid growth of the e-commerce and consumer goods industries. The development of customized specialty paper products according to the needs of end users fuels the growth of the global market.
Key drivers of specialty paper market
The development of the end-use industries such as packaging and labelling is projected to boost the growth of the global specialty paper market during the forecast period. Moreover, change in lifestyle and rise in ageing population are factors expected to increase the demand for specialty paper in food service, packaging, and medical applications. In addition, rise in disposable income is significantly contributing toward the growth of the global market. Furthermore, the growth of the market is driven by increase in online shopping in both developed and developing countries, which boosts the demand for specialty paper for packaging and labelling.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Food& beverages serves as a lucrative market for specialty paper, as it reduces the risk of contamination, increases the shelf life of products, and enables seamless transportation & handling. Owing to constant research and development for improvement of specialty paper, for instance, sustainable improvement in specialty paper such as water-based barrier coating and lightweight & special-performance coating, is expected to boost the market growth in the near future. In addition, in the immediate future, characteristics such as high-performance composites, biodegradability, and nano-materials are anticipated to establish new market opportunities. However, the use of plastic as a material for packaging of dairy products and other packed goods is gaining more demand, which may hamper the global market of specialty paper.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The growth of the global specialty paper market is expected to slowdown in during the forecast period, owing to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Most of the developments in China, the U.S., Germany, and South Korea are halted, due to the lockdown implemented by the governments of these countries. Furthermore, companies are facing short-term operational challenges, owing to supply chain constraints and lack of site access. However, rise in demand for release liners (type of specialty paper) for bandages and other products, the medical industry is anticipated to witness significant growth to cater to the increasing needs for sterilizable packaging, which require specialty.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global specialty paper industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global specialty paper market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global specialty paper market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global specialty paper market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Specialty Paper Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
UPM-Kymmene, Stora Enso, Turing Group, Verso Corporation, Neenah Paper, Glatfelter, LS Group, Star Paper Mills, Appvion, Domtar