Spirulina is a natural algae powder known as cyanobacteria that comprises of potent level of proteins, antioxidants, and vitamin B and other nutrients. Spirulina exhibits various benefits such as lowering of LDL and triglyceride levels and anticancer properties. It also reduces blood pressure, is effective against anaemia, and improves muscle strength.
The increase in use of spirulina as a dietary food supplement owing to its high nutritional content is the major factor that drives the market. Furthermore, increase in in adoption of healthy food in developed countries fuel the market growth of spirulina in food & beverages. The rise in prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, immune diseases, and other diseases boosts the demand of Spirulina.
Furthermore, the increase in healthcare expenditure and disposable income among the population is anticipated to increase the market growth. However, the limited resource of spirulina as it is extracted from the freshwater sources that is available in very few areas hinder the market growth. Emerging economies such as India, China, Mexico, and Brazil are anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, drug formulation, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into arthrospira plantensis and anthrospira maxima. Based on application, it is categorized into nutraceuticals, food & beverages, cosmetics, agriculture, feed, and others. Based on the drug formulation, the market is classified into powder, tablet & capsule, liquid, and granule & gelling agent. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global spirulina market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitate to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Spirulina Market Key Segments:
- Arthrospira Plantensis
- Anthrospira Maxima
- Food and Beverages
By Drug Formulation
- Tablet & Capsule
- Granule & Gelling Agent
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- DDW Inc
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Sensient Technologies Corporation
- Dhler GmbH
- Naturex S.A.
- Chr. Hansen A/S
- DIC Corporation
- Cyanotech Corporation
- FMC Corporation
- C.B.N. Spirulina Canada Co., Ltd