Spoolable pipes are essentially fiber-oriented pipes and have excellent anti-corrosive properties making them more durable and long lasting. Thus, they are a cost-effective alternative to steel pipes. These pipes consist of three layersthe inner one being of high density polyethylene (HDPE), the middle one generally of iron claddings/bands for strength, and the outer one of extruded HDPE to provide a safe and protective coating. Spoolable pipes are way ahead in the piping industry. Statistically 90% of steel/metal pipe leakages and failures occur due to outer and inner corrosion and these cost billions of dollars to oil & gas companies worldwide. Thus a solution such as spoolable pipes is highly desired.
North America is projected to remain the largest market for spoolable fiber pipes owing to the early acceptance of such pipes over steel ones in the region. Extensive onshore applications and replacement of steel pipes tend to drive the market growth; however, limited production facilities may slightly restrict the market growth. The application of fiber reinforced pipes in high pressure requirements is posed to provide good growth opportunities in the upcoming years.
The report segments the spoolable pipes market on the basis of matrix type, reinforcement type, diameter, end user industry, user, sales channel, and geography. Based on matrix type, it is birfurcated into thermoplastic and thermoset. Based on reinforcement type, it is classified into fiber reinforced, steel reinforced, and hybrid reinforced. Based on diameter, it is categorized into small and large. Based on application, it is segmented into onshore, offshore, downhole, mining, and water distribution. Onshore is further divided into production gathering lines, water injection lines and others. Offshore is further segmented into injection strings, velocity strings and others. Based on user, it is classified into operator, EPC contractor, and drilling contractor. Based on sales channel, it is divided into direct sales and distribution. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players like Airborne Oil & Gas B.V., Flexsteel Industries Inc., IAF Marketing & Vertriebs GmbH, Wavin B.V., PipeLife International GmbH, National Oilwell Varco, Flexpipe System Inc., MXROS Inc., Victrex PLC, and DeepFlex Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the spoolable pipes market.
- In-depth analysis of the market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of spoolable pipes) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Global spoolable pipes industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Spoolable pipes industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- The market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which helps understand the trends in the industry at granular level.
- In depth analysis of spoolable pipes market share for each segment with respect to each country is also detailed in the report.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the spoolable pipes industry trends.
Spoolable Pipes Market Key Segmentation
By Matrix Type
By Reinforcement Type
- Fiber Reinforced
- Steel Reinforced
- Hybrid Reinforced
- Production Gathering Lines
- Water Injection Lines
- Others (Water-Alternating-Gas (WAG) Lines, Gas Lift Injection Lines, Portable Well Test Lines and Pipeline Relining)
- Injection Strings
- Velocity Strings
- Others (Production Tubing and Hydrate Blockage Removal
- Water Distribution
- EPC Contractor
- Drilling Contractor
By Sales Channel
- Direct Sales
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA