Individual and team sports and fitness activities are on the rise, globally. The trend towards healthier habits, emergence of new sports, adoption of an active lifestyle, increasing incomes in developing countries and popularity of physical fitness activities amongst women are factors driving the sports and fitness clothing market. The growing trend of casual wear in the workplace and rising demand from teenagers also serve to fuel market growth. The growing emphasis on product performance and comfort is also a driving force of the industry; it has contributed to the rising demand for premium, high quality sportswear that is also fashionable. In order to design new styles of clothing and widen their product lines, sports clothing companies are collaborating with fashion designers. This has led to a number of mergers and acquisitions in the market. Friction reduction, lightness, stretching ability, water resistance and temperature regulation are some innovations in fabrics, which will influence the market.
Intense competition from industry frontrunners, constantly evolving fashion trends and price sensitivity of shoppers are challenges faced by players in this market. The ever-changing tastes and preferences of consumers, increasing labor shortages, rising prices of raw materials and unprecedented development in e-commerce are restraining the growth and demand for sports and fitness clothing. The growing popularity of adventure travel and increased participation of women in sports represent opportunities for the global sports and fitness clothing market.
This market is categorized into two segments: sports apparel and fitness clothing. Each segment has a different target market. According to global industry analysts, the U.S. sports and fitness clothing market is the largest in the world. Geographic segmentation in the report includes market value and volume for key countries in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Key players in the global sports and fitness market include Adidas, Nike, Reebok International Ltd., Puma, ASICS Corp., VF Corp., Benetton Group, Hanes Brand, Billabong International Ltd. and Under Armour.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the sports and fitness clothing market which would help stakeholders to better understand market behavior
- Based on the current market scenario and expected market trends, estimations through 2014-2020 are made to showcase the future prospects of the sports and fitness clothing market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis
- Analysis of the key strategies adopted by major players operating in the market is provided
- Porter’s Five Forces model and SWOT analysis would provide insights regarding current market conditions and important factors and thereby help stakeholders in making strategic decisions
- Market segmentation by type and geography would enable a deeper understanding of the current market scenario
The market is segmented by product type and geography.
MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Sports Apparel
- Fitness Clothing
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- ASICS Corp.
- VF Corp.
- Benetton Group
- Hanes Brand
- Billabong International Ltd.
- Under Armour