Spray drying equipment is utilized to remove the moisture content from the product. A basic spray drying operation consists of a liquid/slurry being dispersed in the form of small droplets and then brought in contact with a hot gas. The hot gas causes evaporation of all moisture from the droplets and eventually we get our product in the form of grains. The most common design of spray dryer equipment consists of a long column/vessels with the slurry dispenser at the top end and hot gases circulated from bottom to top fashion. Spray drying is one of the basic operations of any chemical process industry and is the preferred method of drying when the product is heat sensitive. Hence, it finds immense applications in the food and pharmaceutical industry.
The chemical process industry is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period due to increased demand for resins and various polymers. In the type wise category, closed loop spray dryer followed by fluidized spray dryer are projected to be the leading market segments during the forecast period. Increase in demand for ready-to-eat foods, increase in shelf life and technological innovation in spray drying are the key market drivers. On the other hand though, high thermal energy consumption and high operational costs may restrain the market. Nevertheless the emerging markets of Asia-Pacific provide excellent opportunities for the market.
The report segments the spray drying equipment market on the basis of application, type, flow type, drying stage, and geography. Based on application, it is divided into food, pharmaceutical, and chemical. Based on type, it is classified into rotary atomizer, nozzle atomizer, fluidized, closed loop, and centrifugal. Based on flow type, it is categorized into co-current, counter-current, and mixed flow. Based on drying stage, it is segmented into single stage and multi stage. Based on geography, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players, which include New AVM Systech Pvt. Ltd, European Spray Dry Technology LLP, Dedert Corporation, Shanghai Jiadi Machinery Co. Ltd., Advanced Drying Systems, Transparent Technologies Pvt. Ltd., AB & Co Consult, Hemraj Enterprises, C.E Rogers Company, and GEA Group AG.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the spray drying equipment market.
- In-depth analysis of the market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of spray drying equipment) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Spray Drying Equipment Market Key Segmentation
- Rotary atomizer
- Nozzle atomizer
- Closed Loop
By Flow Type
- Mixed Flow
By Drying Stages
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain, include
- Shandong Shungeng Drying Equipment Co. Ltd (China)
- Acmefil Engineering Systems Pvt. Ltd (India)
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.