Spray tops are considered a type of apparel worn while water activities such as sailing, marine racing, fishing, and others. The spray tops are specially designed for providing protection and comfort with advanced technology and innovation. They are manufactured mainly for performance in extreme wet, cold, and windy conditions. The various fabrics used for spray tops are waterproof, windproof, and UV resistantproviding dryness and warmness in the extreme conditions. The spray tops form an integral part of sailing apparel along with other bottom wear, jackets, dry suit, vests, shorts, smock, thermal tops, boots, gloves, customized sportswear, and others. The inclination of customers towards the water sports activities such as yacht racing, surfing tournaments, dinghy sailing, coastal sailing, foil racing, and others have created the innovation of spray tops in various designs and fabrics. These specialized marine apparels are designed according to the requirement of sport and recreational activity.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the sales and revenue of the spray top market as the distribution channels such as specialty stores have shut down due to the implementation of lockdown in various countries.
- The e-commerce platform for shipping the spray tops has also been affected due to the late deliveries and transportation restrictions.
- Several manufacturing units in various countries were initially shut down to prevent the coronavirus disease. This has led to a shortage of raw material procurement and production.
- The marine activities and tournaments have been restricted and postponed, which in turn has declined the sales and revenue of spray tops market.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Boating has been a famous recreational activity in each part of the world and has gained new reforms by the introduction of several water and boating activities in the form of sports competition. Therefore the requirement for specialized marine apparel has created a new trend in the market. The increased inclination toward leisure activities, the requirement for marine apparels, customized apparels, investment in innovation and technology, changing fashion and trend, comfort and safety of spray tops, waterproof and windproof fabrics, incorporation of technology in the products, enhanced appearance of spray tops, expansion of product line, the durability of spray tops, variants in designs, investment in product improvement, use of several layers in manufacturing spray tops, flexible fabric, adjustable collar and cuffs, breathable spray tops, zipped pockets incorporated in spray tops, features of apparel according to the requirement of sport, advanced fabric for UV protection, skin-friendly spray top fabrics, the surge in marine tournaments, increasing urbanization, celebrity endorsements, the surge of social media marketing, e-commerce and increasing disposable income are the key drivers which leadsgrowth of global spray topsmarket. However, highly-priced apparel, increased competition, and availability of alternative products hinder the market growth.
The global spray tops market trends are as follows:
Spray tops with advanced innovation
Spray tops have provided new products available for the water sports enthusiast with advanced technology and enhanced fabric quality. The key manufacturers are inclined towards expanding the product line and launching spray tops for various kinds of water activities such as inshore racing, offshore racing, oceanic racing, and others, which can be worn as general apparel as well. The spray tops provide comfort and protection from extreme water and wind conditions preventing serious health conditions caused due to the persistent cold weather.
The leading brands are focused to launch the variants with advanced features such as UV protection, customized design with changing fashion, and trends in several colors. For Instance, Gul has launched a series of marine apparel with technical construction features, which implies the use of colored liquid silicon-based urethane for providing the waterproof seam to the spray tops and other apparel. Guy Cotten, has launched marine apparel manufactured from dremtech and nylpeche fabric providing waterproof and breathable apparel with improved strength and flexibility
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global spray tops industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global spray tops market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global spray tops market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global spray tops market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Spray Tops Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the spray tops market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Spray Tops Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Slam, Canadian Tire, Henri Lloyd, Gill Marine, Marinepool, Guy Cotton, Body Glove, Sail Racing International, Murphy and Nye, Hudson Wight., Mystic, Gul, Crewsaver, Decathlon SA