Sprinkler irrigation is a method of irrigating soil with irrigation water that is pumped through a pipeline system and sprayed into the air. Sprinklers come in a variety of discharge capacities, allowing for efficient coverage of small to large areas and adaptability to irrigable soils.
Top Impacting Factors
Increased worries about water shortages, as well as a growth in desire for higher agricultural output and quality, are driving the growth of the global sprinkler irrigation systems market.
Furthermore, the availability of equipment for spraying fertilizers and chemicals with sprinklers, as well as labor cost reductions and convenience of operations, all contribute to market expansion.
However, the market's expansion is hampered by high instalment prices, a lack of societal awareness, and worries about natural resource conservation.
Furthermore, the application of remote sensing and information technologies to encourage the usage of sprinkler irrigation to reduce water losses at both the system and farm levels presents attractive prospects for market participants during the forecast period.
Change from Conventional Irrigation Methods to High-tech Irrigation Systems
- Increase in awareness among the farmers about the benefits of sprinkler irrigation has generated a rapid transition away from flood irrigation toward sprinkler systems. Concerns about water loss in flood irrigation, as well as the leaching that goes along with it, drive this trend. Although the initial investment in sprinkler irrigation systems is significant, the return on investment associated with the cost after 2-3 years, as well as the availability of a wide range of sprinkler system components, motivate producers to use them. Flood irrigation is losing popularity due to drawbacks such as inefficient water usage, inability to irrigate hilly terrains, and uneven water distribution.
Equipment and Installation Cost a lot of Money
- When compared to traditional flood irrigation and rain-fed agriculture, any sophisticated irrigation system requires much more capital for installation. Pipes, sprinklers, pumps, electrical lines, well connectors, power units, and installation charges are all included in the capital investment. The equipment cost accounts for half of the capital expenditure, while installation costs account for the other half. Sprinkler irrigation systems are commonly used for high-cost agricultural applications including orchards and agricultural fields. This large outlay for low-value crops would result in a low return on investment.
Product Development for Novel Irrigation Systems
- The increased demand for sprinkler irrigation systems is driving advancements in existing irrigation systems for improved monitoring and control of water supplies as well as higher efficiency. Key players are increasingly adopting technological developments into their products, either to offer new features or to improve existing ones. Farmers can successfully manage center pivots and irrigation stream flow, thanks to the development of remotely controllable systems and user-friendly control panels. Valmont Industries and Reinke Manufacturing Company have developed sensor-based irrigation systems that monitor soil moisture for irrigation purposes. These firms have developed innovative technologies that support not only irrigation but also fertigation and chemigation. Apart from the development of new systems, technical developments can be seen in the components of irrigation systems.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sprinkler irrigation industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the sprinkler irrigation market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the sprinkler irrigation market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed sprinkler irrigation market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Sprinkler Irrigation Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the ‘sprinkler irrigation market’?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “sprinkler irrigation market“prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "sprinkler irrigation market"?
Sprinkler Irrigation Market Report Highlights
By Field Size
Key Market Players
Valmont Industries Inc. (U.S.), T-L Irrigation Co (U.S.), Lindsay Corporation (U.S.), Reinke Manufacturing Company Inc. (U.S.), Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd. (India).