The stage and scenery equipment market is experiencing a significant growth and will grow considerably in next few years. The rigging systems in theatres are witnessing a significant drift toward automated or motorized rigging over manual rigging. Stage and scenery equipment plays a vital in beautifying and enhancing the stage looks and performance. The stage and scenery equipment facilitates in easy movement of the overhead scenery, backgrounds, audio, and lighting units. These automated stage and scenery equipment are favored by theatres and clubs in countries that are grappling labor shortage, which is a major factor fueling the market growth over a years.
Market Scope and Structure and Analysis
The stage and scenery equipment eases the movement of background visuals, overhead illustrations as well as lighting units. The advanced motorized stage and scenery equipment is majorly adopted by the theatre owners, ball rooms owners, and club houses corporate show houses. The stage and scenery equipment plays a vital role in beautifying and enhancing the stage looks and overhead scenery and performance.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the stage and scenery equipment market, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. Scenario was very different in 2020, but now the things are becoming normal.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of stage and scenery equipment in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the stage and scenery equipment market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for stage and scenery equipment was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for stage and scenery equipment. .
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Stage and scenery equipment manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top Impacting Factors
The key influential factor for the stage and scenery equipment market is the substantial increase in demand for automated or motorized stage and scenery equipment. This is due to the fact that these motorized rigging systems enhances the impact of production, as well as the controls of these motorized rigging systems are much easier and faster than the traditional manually operated systems. The movement to motorized rigging has affected theatres at all levels-from middle schools to opera houses. Safety and efficiency are key factors in this change. Motorized sets are easier to use and do not require the handling of counterweights. The ease of use, however, does not reduce the need for operator training The operator must have proficiency in operating computers to use motorized rigging systems.
- The product development was observed as the most adopted strategy in the stage and scenery equipment market. Few of the recent strategies by some of the players in stage and scenery equipment are as
- Trekwerk completed the installation of TNM Control system at Dansenshus Stockholm. This control system will control a service bridge and 36 SynchroDisks.
- ETC launched Touchscreen Station for Mosaic. It’s a 4.3-inch screen which can be connected to the Mosaic system which runs through Mosaic software 2.4. This system will control and monitor the installations with color pickers, buttons, and virtual faders..
- J.R. Clancy supported Glens Falls Civic Center (GFCC) in Glens Falls, New York with newer technology. The company supplied new hoist for supporting larger scoreboard for presenting full LED screens on all sides.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the stage and scenery equipment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investments pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the stage and scenery equipment market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the stage and scenery equipment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed stage and scenery equipment market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Stage and Scenery Equipment Market Report Highlights
By Rigging System Type
By Hoist Type
Key Market Players
Chauvet Professional, PRG, ETC, Grand Stage, Selecon, Robert Juliat, Strand Lighting, Vari-lite, High End Systems, Martin Professional