Stationary air compressor is extensively used to fill gas cylinders and supply air to pneumatic systems. Stationary air compressors are an essential component of oil & gas industry, food processing industry, and manufacturing industries. They are useful for heavy-duty industrial applications due to their large size. Rotary, vane, and reciprocating are three commonly used air compressors on the market. Stationary air compressors have a simpler design and lower maintenance costs. Furthermore, they are easier to maintain and can be powered by various electric power options. Rapid growth in global manufacturing positively influences the demand for stationary air compressors. Major players in the industry are focused on developing more efficient and durable stationary air compressors to sustain the competition in the industry.
Stationary air compressors are designed to be fixed in a specific place. They have powerful motors and very large air tanks as compared to portable air compressors, which make them more expensive. Stationary air compressors are capable of supplying a continuous supply of air due to their large tank capacity and have high CFM ratings.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic halted end-user production in the stationary air compressor industry, resulting in a global lockdown. This hampered the market growth from the last few months and is likely to continue during first half of 2022.
- The major demand for stationary air compressors was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including China, Korea, the U.S., and Japan, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for stationary air compressors.
- COVID-19 has affected the sales of stationary air compressors in the second quarter of 2020 as the demand witnessed a steep decline due to restrictions on manufacturing and construction activities. Major players in the manufacturing and construction industries decreased production in the wake of reducing demand because of COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 pandemic negatively affected stationary air compressors due to the restrictions laid on factory operations. The stationary air compressor industry is expected to focus on protecting its workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health and safety of the workforce.
- With rise in vaccination drives and leniency in social restrictions, the manufacturing and processing industries have shown signs of recovery, which is a boost for the stationary air compressor market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in world population has significantly increased the demand for food, beverages, pharmaceutical, and healthcare products, thereby fuelling the manufacturing industry. Growth of processing industry has positively influenced the demand for stationary air compressors as they are extensively used for various industrial processes. Furthermore, increase in demand for oil & gas and growth of oil & gas processing industries have boosted the stationary air compressor industry. In addition, the availability of stationary air compressors in a wide range of sizes and specifications further increases their applicability. The volatility in the prices of raw materials and energy is anticipated to be a restraint on the growth of the stationary air compressor market. Various government initiatives, such as India’s “Make in India” and China’s “Made in China 2025” are anticipated to boost the manufacturing sector in the Asia-Pacific. This proves to be a growth opportunity for the stationary air compressor market.
- Major players in the industry are focusing on offering air compressors with low ownership costs and maximum output. For instance, Quincy Compressor QSI and QGV series of compressors that are available with an output ranging from 40 to 400 hp. The QSI and QGV range of compressors are equipped with vertical draft cooling systems that reduce the cost and complexity of ducting. The compressors provide maximum uptime with minimum disruptions.
- Enhancing energy efficiency is another area for focus of stationary air compressor manufacturers. For instance, Atlas Copco (India) Ltd., offers a wide range of energy-efficient industrial air compressors that have a small footprint and are suitable for a large number of applications. Atlas Copco offers customized installation of its range of air compressors.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the stationary air compressor industry along with the current and future trends to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and the stationary air compressor market share.
- A quantitative analysis highlights the stationary air compressor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed stationary air compressor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Stationary Air Compressor Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End-User Industry
By Lubrication Method
By Power Rating
Key Market Players
BAC Compressor, BREHOB CORPORATION, Company 9, ELGi, Company 10, Company 7, Company 8, Company 6, Ingersoll Rand, Quincy Compressor LLC