Stearyl tartrate Market Analysis :
Stearyl tartrate is a tartaric acid derivative used as an emulsifier. It is produced by esterification of tartaric acid with commercial grade strearyl alcohol, which generally consists of fatty acid stearyl and palmityl alcohol. The major constituents that are involved in the process are distearyl tartrate, stearyk palmityl tartrate, and dipalmityl tartrate. The stearyl tartrate is majorly composed of diesters along with small traces of monoester. It has a characteristic creamy appearance, and is majorly used as an emulsifier in the bakery industry.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The spread of COVID-19 pandemic across the globe has severely affected almost all the sectors. The growth of the stearyl tartrate market has been hindered due to the spread of this disease.The demand for food products such as cakes and deserts and its packaging has declined due to the economic downfall suffered by consumers across the globe.Consumers are now preferring staple food rather than opting for luxurious food items, which has further resulted in decrease in demand of stearyl tartrate in the food &beverage industry.
Moreover, disruption of supply chain has been witnessed due to the restrictions of national and international transport, which has affected the stearyl tartrate manufacturing industry and its end-user industries.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Food additives are widely used in the food &beverage industry in the form of emulsifier, thickening agent, stabilizer, and emollient. Usage of such additives enhances the texture and quality of food products, and stearyl tartrate is one such additive. Increase in demand for processed food has fueled the market for stearyl tartrate.
The growth of the global stearyl tartrate market is driven by increase ininclination of consumers towardnatural ingredients. Moreover, due to the properties such as ability to improve the workability and strength of dough, stearyl tartrate is extensively used in the bakery industry for flour treatment. As the keysource of stearyl tartrate is fruits, it is widely used in preparation of fruit-based cakes, deserts, and pies. With increase incustomer preference towardplant-based deserts, stearyl tartrate market is expected to witnessed significant growth.
However, studies reported carcinogenic activities on usage of stearyl tartrate, which has significantly hampered the growth of the market.
North America accounts for the largest share of stearyl tartrate market. This is attributed to increase inpreference of consumers of developed countries towardprocessed food along with demand for superior quality products. However, Europe is expected to holda major share in the market, as consumers are shifting their preference towardnatural products.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global stearyl tartrate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global stearyl tartrate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global stearyl tartrate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global stearyl tartrate market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global stearyl tartrate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Stearyl tartrate Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Valtris Specialty Chemicals, Hangzhou Hairui Chemical Co., Ltd., Acme Synthetic Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Sun Ace Brothers Sdn Bhd, Nantong Acetic Acid Chemical Co., Ltd., Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd., Hayman Chemical Ltd., Zhejiang Honghao Synthesized Co., Ltd., Shanghai Reachchem Co., Ltd., Kalama Chemical