Stem cells are the body's raw materials or cells that give rise to all other cells with specialized functions. These cells can be manipulated to become specialized cells that regenerate and mend diseased or damaged tissues in patients suffering from a variety of disorders. Stem cell and regeneration therapy use stem cells or stem cell derivatives to stimulate the healing of damaged, injured, or malfunctioning tissue.
These regenerative therapies can be used to treat patients with Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, stroke, burns, diabetes type 1, heart disease, cancer, and osteoarthritis. Stem cells are utilized in advanced therapies to repair damaged cells and as a replacement strategy for the donor's immune system to battle a variety of blood-related disorders and cancers.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is a newly discovered novel coronavirus that causes an infectious disease. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a pandemic. This pandemic has hampered economic growth in a variety of sectors. During the first half of the forecasted period, the COVID-19 outbreak will influence the stem cell and regenerative therapy market. The market is likely to experience some loss over the forecast period as a result of nationwide lockdowns, denied wound care services, canceled or postponed elective surgeries, and rising skin injuries among COVID-19 medical care providers. However, demand for stem cell and regenerative therapy products is predicted to surge in the second half of the forecast period.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, genetic disorders, and cancers across the world boost the growth of the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market.
- Moreover, the launch of new products, growth in R&D activities, and increase in investment by major companies for stem cell therapy are the other factors driving the global market.
- Increase in investment by private and government organizations in the development of regenerative therapy is one of the factors expected to propel stem cell and regenerative therapy industry dynamics.
- However, rise in demand for organ transplantation in developed and developing countries and the commercialization of regenerative therapy are some of the key elements anticipated to supplement the growth of the regenerative therapy market trends throughout the forecast period.
- Increased use of skin substitutes, grafts, bone matrix, and other tissue-engineered regenerative medicine is one of the prominent factors for the growth of the market.
- However, strict manufacturing control regulations and technical limitations in terms of subject knowledge & procedure complications for stem cell production are the other factors likely to restrain the global market.
New product launches to flourish the market
In December 2020, REPROCELL launched a new service Personal “iPS” service for generating patient-specific iPSC from January 2021. The service will help in preparing and storing an individual’s iPSCs for developing regenerative medicines for treating future illness or injury. They are created from mature cells via incorporating ready-to-use RNA reprogramming technology.
In October 2020, NoveCite and Novellus Therapeutics Limited entered into a partnership for developing & commercializing NoveCite iPSCs for treating COVID-19 associated acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). The process has multimodal immunomodulatory mechanisms of action, which makes it a promising therapy for treating acute respiratory diseases.
In May 2020 Celavie Biosciences advanced its 5-year exploratory study on Parkinson’s disease. The company is developing regenerative stem cell therapies for treating central nervous system disorders and Parkinson’s disease. Celavie Biosciences released successful results for their exploratory clinical trials of OK99 stem cells for Parkinson’s disease.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy"?
- What is "Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy" Market report?
Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Precious Cells International Ltd, ReNeuron Group plc, Opexa Therapeutics, Inc, Caladrius, Pluristem Therapeutics Inc, Virgin Health Bank, CELGENE CORPORATION, Seneca Biopharmaceuticals, Inc, Biovault family, Mesoblast Ltd