Stem cells refer to the undifferentiated biological cells that differentiate into specialized cells and divide to produce more stem cells. They are found in multicellular organisms and are of two types mainly embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells. Stem cell assays involve the technique of analyzing living cell on the basis of different parameters such as shape, size, and others. These assays are used to measure biochemical and cellular functions using functional cells as diagnostic tools in the research of new drugs. Stem cell assays are also used to measure cell proliferations, motility, and toxicity.
Rise in approvals of clinical trials for stem cell based therapy, high prevalence of chronic diseases, increase in research related activities in stem cells, and technological advancements in the area of stem cell assays method supplements the growth of the stem cell assay market. However, dearth of skilled professionals for analyzing stem cells, high cost of instruments and stem cell based therapies, and stringent intellectual property rights impede the growth of stem cells assay market. The increase in evolution of new technologies and rise in the patient pool provides opportunities for the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The global stem cells assay market is segmented into type, kit, detection, instrument, application, end user, and geography. By type of stem cell assays, the market is divided into viability/cytotoxicity, isolation & purification, cell identification, proliferation, differentiation, function, and apoptosis. Based on kit, it is bifurcated into adult stem cell kit (mesenchymal stem cell kits, induced pluripotent stem cell kits (IPSCS), hematopoietic stem cell kits, umbilical cord stem cell kits, and neuronal stem cell kits) and human embryonic stem cell kits. By detection, it is categorized into instruments and detection kits. The instrument segment is further divided into flow cytometer, micro electrode arrays, cell imaging systems, and automated cell counter. By application, the market is categorized into regenerative medicine and therapy development (orthopedic & musculoskeletal spine, cardiovascular, oncology, central nervous system, dermatology, diabetes, and others), drug discovery and development, and clinical research. On the basis of end-user, the market is classified into government research institutes, private research institutes, and industry research. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, AsiaPacific, and LAMEA.
The companies profiled in stem cells assay market are GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, Cell Biolabs, Inc., Hemogenix Inc., STEMCELL Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, Bio-Techne Corporation, Cellular Dynamics International, Inc., and Promega Corporation.
Key Benefits :
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps to understand the competitive outlook of the global stem cells assay market.
- Extensive analysis elucidates the use of stem cell assay to measure the cellular and biochemical functions using functional cells as diagnostic tools.
Stem Cell Assay Market Key Segments:
- Isolation & Purification
- Cell Identification
- Adult Stem Cells Kits
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell Kits
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Kits (IPSCs)
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Kits
- Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Kits
- Neuronal Stem Cell Kits
- Human Embryonic Stem Cell Kits
- Detection Kits
- Flow Cytometer
- Micro Electrode Arrays
- Cell Imaging Systems
- Automated Cell Counter
- Regenerative Medicine & Therapy Development
- Orthopedic & Musculoskeletal Spine
- Central Nervous System
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Clinical Research
By End User
- Government Research Institutes
- Private Research Institutes
- Industry Research
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA