The rising cases of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, SARS, coronavirus, flu, have led to increasing demand for medical devices or equipment. These include vials, syringes, needles, bandages, gloves, face masks, applicators, suction catheters, testing kits, and surgical sponges. As many of these devices are used only once they prevent the infection or bacteria from spreading from one individual to another. The vials are made by the manufacturers to prevent the growth of the bacteria or virus and preventing them from replicating. Also in many laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, compounding labs there is a huge need for vials mainly due to their sterility.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Sterile Vials Market
- The rise in demand for sterile vials due to the outbreak of the COVID-19. Additionally, the increase in the prevalent diseases and research studies have also led to more demand for sterile vials which have proved to be safe and non-infectable.
- The global outbreak of the COVID-19 is seen to be an unprecedented event. There are disruptions in the supply chain of essential medical supplies and medical devices in the year 2020, especially due to trade and travel restrictions in the Asia-Pacific countries, Europe, and the U.S.
- Also, for the prevention of the rapid spread of COVID-19 globally, medical treatments were classified as essential and elective procedures. All these procedures were canceled or postponed during the first half of 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Global growth in the combination of device/drug products, rise in the geriatric population, awareness among the consumers about bacterial or viral infections is predicted to rise the global sterile vials market in the forecasted period. North America to be a highly attractive market for sterile vials as the region is acquainted with the easy availability of raw materials and increased investment in the pharmaceutical industries required for medical packing and thus is likely to drive the market in the long run.
For instance, Schott AG expanded its manufacturing in U.S. in 2017, with high investment in the sterile pharmaceutical vials, also increased investment in the new generation of vials that are required for packaging in the pharmaceutical companies.
With this, there is a rise in the adoption of sterile vials instead of alternative containers is likely to drive the market. Pharmaceutical manufacturers and drug companies are required to maintain the efficacy and quality of the medicine which can be sensitive while supplying and storing. Medicines and drugs come in contact with the vials that are made of steel or aluminum that can reduce the sterility of the drug, and degrade its quality. In comparison, the sterile glass vials are easy to handle and clean and also have a longer shelf life and are contamination-free with easy storage. These are likely to drive the sterile vials market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sterile vials market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global sterile vials market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sterile vials market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global sterile vials market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Sterile Vials Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the sterile vials market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sterile Vials Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Pacific Vial, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, Dalton Pharma Services, APG Europe, SiO2 Materials Science., Corning Incorporated, Bormioli Pharma S.p.a., Gerresheimer AG, Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass Co. Ltd, Nipro Corporation, Piramal Glass (Piramal Enterprises Ltd.), West Pharmaceuticals, Inc, DWK Life Sciences GmbH, Adelphi Healthcare Packaging