Corticosteroids are class of steroidal hormones, which are produced in adrenal cortex and are used to treat several diseased conditions such as renal disease, autoimmune disease, cerebral edema, skin disease, GIT disease, and others. In addition, these steroids are utilized in organ transplantation and replacement therapy.
Factors such as increase in prevalence of chronic & infectious diseases (cancers, respiratory diseases, skin disease, neural diseases, and gastrointestinal diseases), rise in drug resistance, and low cost of products drive the market growth. In addition, rise in therapeutical product application fuel the growth of corticosteroids market. However, side effects associated with corticosteroids (such as cataract, high blood sugar, thinning bones, and high risk of infections) restrain the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities in the field of pharmaceutical industry is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period for the market.
The steroid-corticosteroids market is segmented based on type, class, end user, and geography. By type, it is categorized into cream, injection, and others. Based on class, it is segmented into glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids. By end user, it is classified into hospitals, clinics, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the steroid-corticosteroids market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to determine various products available in the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive market outlook.
Steroid-corticosteroids Market Key Segments:
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Johnson and Johnson
- Pfizer Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories