Stool secretory immunoglobulin A is secreted by the mucosal tissue. It represents the first line of defense in the gastrointestinal mucosa, acting as an immune barrier. Elevated levels of stool secretory immunoglobulin A have often been associated with an unregulated immune response. The immunological activity in the gastrointestinal tract can hence be assessed using the stool secretory immunoglobulin A levels. In addition, the levels of stool secretory immunoglobulin A can help to determine infections, gastrointestinal inflammation, allergic diseases, and even autoimmune diseases.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- However, with COVID-19, the supply chain of the raw material required to manufacture drugs for diseases indicated by stool secretory immunoglobulin A has been disrupted in many countries. In addition, the market growth of pharmaceuticals is declining, as the manufacturers of drugs have slowed down their production due to the pandemic. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in the prevalence of many gastrointestinal (GI) diseases is the primary factor leading to the growth of the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market. This is attributed to the fact that the immunological activity of the GI tract can be assessed using the secretory immunoglobulin A tests.
In addition, rise has been witnessed in the adoption of various preventative care for a healthy lifestyle. Thus, physicians often prefer evaluating the stool secretory immunoglobulin A levels in their patients to determine any conditions that may develop in the body.
Many allergies can be assessed using the stool secretory immunoglobulin A tests. With many patients presenting different types of food allergies, stool secretory immunoglobulin A tests may help in the overall determination of allergies.
However, lack of awareness regarding stool secretory immunoglobulin A in diagnostics in many developing regions of the world is the major factor restraining the growth of the market.
Key Market Trends
- North America held the major share of the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market in 2020. This can is attributed to the region’s rise in investment in research and development activities regarding immunological tests.
- Europe held the second major share of the market in 2020, owing to the availability of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure that facilitates disease diagnosis. This region has the presence of major market players, which contributes to the market growth.
- The infection testing segment dominated the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market in 2020, owing to high prevalence of different infectious diseases such as bronchitis and recurrent ear infections, which may be determined using the stool secretory immunoglobulin A tests.
- The laboratories & diagnostic centers segment is anticipated to have a high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to the high rate of adoption for new instruments and tests for stool secretory immunoglobulin A diagnosis.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the stool secretory immunoglobulin A industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Stool Secretory Immunoglobulin A Report
- Which are the leading players active in the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for stool secretory immunoglobulin A in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the stool secretory immunoglobulin A market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps in the market?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What is stool secretory immunoglobulin A?
- What are the current and predicted trends of the market?
Stool Secretory Immunoglobulin A Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Tecan Trading AG, Calbiotech, Inc., American Laboratory Products Company, R-Biopharm AG, Sigma Diagnostics, Inc., Eagle Biosciences, BioVendor Group