A strain gauge is utilized to measure strain on an object. When an external force is applied to an object, it results in deformation in the shape of the object. This deformation in the shape that is either compressive or tensile is called strain and is measured by the strain gauge. As a result, there is a change in resistance. The strain gauge is sensitive to the smallest changes that occur in the geometry of an object. By measuring the change in resistance of an object, the amount of stress can be calculated.
The strain gauge is applied in various fields such as mechanical engineering development, to measure the stress generated by machinery, in the field of component testing of aircraft like; linkages, and structural damage. Also, custom strain gauge sensing technologies are opted by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their associated design and engineering personnel to achieve a greater business advantage. This increases the demand for strain gauges, thus fueling the market growth and creating future opportunities.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into metal strain gauge sensors and semiconductor strain gauge sensors. On the basis of application, it is classified into industrial measurement & control, weighing equipment, aerospace, cranes, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include HBM, HPI, HYCSYQ, KYOWA, NMB, Piezo-Metrics, Inc, TML, Vishay, Yiling, and Zemic.
- Porters Five Forces model helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers, and the competitive sketch of the market, which is expected to guide the market players to develop strategies accordingly.
- It outlines the current trends and future scenario of the market from 2017 to 2023 to understand the prevailing opportunities and the investment pockets.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global strain gauges market to identify the potential investment pockets.
- The key drivers, restrains, and opportunities are provided in the report.
Strain Gauges Market Key Segments:
- Metal Strain Gauge Sensors
- Semiconductor Strain Gauge Sensors
- Industrial measurement & control
- Weighing equipment
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Piezo-Metrics, Inc