Structural Electronics Market Outlook – 2027
Structural electronics is the most significant technological development in recent years, which involves electronic and electrical components and circuits that act as load-bearing, protective structures, replacing structures such as vehicle bodies or conformably placed upon them. Structural elements with electronics and electrical functionality are referred to as structural electronics.
Advantages of structural electronics such as design flexibility, efficient operation, cost effectiveness, and lighter weight drive its demands in several application. In addition, structural electronics are widely used in supercapacitors, photovoltaic, smart skins and 3D printing. The global structural electronics market is experiencing a significant growth, and is expected to grow considerably in coming years.
The global structural electronics market is segmented on the basis of integrant, industry vertical, and region. Based on integrant, the structural electronics market is divided into photovoltaic, 3D printers, battery, printed & flexible electronics, OLED display, and OLED lighting. In terms of industry vertical, the market is segregated into aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in incidences of infectious & neurological diseases, and technical developments in molecular pathology is expected to provide growth opportunities for the global market during the forecast period. In addition, rise in government funding for R&D activities and advanced test facilities also help to boost the market growth.
Moreover, advancements in 3D technology and emergence of IoT technology are the major factors that drive the market growth. High demand for lightweight, cost-effective, and portable products is also one of the factors which help to grow the market.
Significant Growth of the Automotive Sector
Growing automotive and rising adoption of smart cars across the globe is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period. The important thing in smart cars is expected to be structural electronics as elements of structural electronics are integrated into a vehicle and undercarriage to resemble human nervous system and enable them to recognize touch and damage instantly.
In addition, automotive manufacturing companies are adapting to new technologies, which has brought changes in the global market. Lightweight and small components are projected to experience major demands from structural electronics market during the forecast period. In addition, hybrid/electric cars are expected to use structural electronics in coming years, with the introduction of printed organic light emitting diode (OLED) inside and outside car roofs.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global structural electronics market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global structural electronics market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global structural electronics market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global structural electronics market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global market for structural electronics has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to a significant decline in demand for these systems.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new structural electronics as workers have stayed in their homes, which has disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these embedded systems are gradually going to increase.
Questions Answered in the Structural Electronics Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the global market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the structural electronics market size?
- How current structural electronics market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Structural Electronics Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Neotech AMT (Germany), T-Ink (US), Boeing Company (US), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Local Motors (US), Toyobo Co. Ltd. (Japan), Canatu Oy (Finland), Molex LLC (US), Faradair Aerospace (UK), TactoTek Oy (Finland)