Stye, also referred to as hordeolum, is a painful and acute infection on the upper or lower eyelid. It is an ocular disease in which small lumps grow at the edge of eyelids. Stye are caused by bacterial infection. A bacterial infection in an oil gland or hair follicle on your eyelid causes stye. These follicle and glands can get clogged with dead skin cells and other debris. Majority of the cases of a stye are due to Staphylococcus aureus, followed by Staphylococcus epidermidis. A stye can be treated with a topical ointment or sometimes oral antibiotics. It is prevalent among all age groups, especially between 30–50 years. However, in some cases, surgeries are performed. The size of the swelling is a direct indicator of the severity of the infection. The recurrent of stye is usually due to failure to eliminate the bacteria. Patients with stye may experience swelling, inflammation of the eyes, and tearing.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global stye drug market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rising prevalence of stye infection and rise in geriatric population are the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- Increase in the prevalence of indoor as well as outdoor allergens and exposure to certain toxin or change in environment may increase the stye infections are expected to further boost the growth of stye drug market.
- In addition, ongoing clinical trial studies being carried out by many pharmaceuticals industries are expected to propel market growth.
- Furthermore, rise in research and development activities to develop novel drugs, increase in healthcare expenditure, and improvement healthcare infrastructure augment the market growth.
- However, patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs is expected to restrain the growth of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In August 2018, Senju USA, Inc. conducting phase III (SUNRISE) clinical trial for their lead candidate SUN 131 TDS to evaluate the safety and efficacy in patients with chalazion. If approved it will represent a new and significant treatment options for chalazion.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the stye drug market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Stye Drug Market Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the stye drug market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is stye drug market?
- What is stye drug market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the stye drug market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the stye drug market report?
Stye Drug Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
By Treatment Type
By Drug Class Type
By Route of Administration
By End User
Key Market Players
Pfizer Inc, Similasan, Allergan, Amgen, SanofiAbbVie Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Merck and Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Astrazeneca, Bausch andLomb Pvt Ltd.