Styrenated terpene is a resin made through cationic polymerization of terpene and styrene compounds under Friedel–Crafts catalyst. Styrenated terpene resins have a relatively high softening point and can be easily dissolved in all types of elastomeric polymers such as styrene-butadiene block copolymer, natural rubber, and styrene butadiene rubber. They provide superior adhesion to a range of substrates, including polyolefin.
Factors such as increase in use of styrenated terpene in paint & coatings and rise in demand from the rubber industry are the key factors expected to drive the growth of the global styrenated terpene resin market. However, increase in health concerns due to emission of VOCs is expected to hamper the growth of the market. On the contrary, ongoing R&D activities in methods used to produce styrenated terpene resin is expected to create remunerative opportunities for market expansion.
The global styrenated terpene is segmented on the basis of product, end use/application, and region. On the basis of product, the market is categorized into TS90, TS95, TS100, and others. By end use/application, it is fragmented into adhesive, coatings, print inks, rubber industry, plastic sanitary napkins, and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global styrenated terpene resin market include Xinyi Sonyuan Chemical Co., Ltd., Foreverest Resources Ltd., Songyuan Chemicals Group Ltd., Suichuan Xinhai Chemical, Yasuhara Chemical Co., Ltd., Formosa Produce Corporation, and others. These companies have adopted various strategies such as product launch, R&D, mergers, product development, partnership, and others to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance, Suichuan Xinhai Chemical, one of the key producers of styrenated terpene resins in China, trades terpene resins under the brand name of Xinhai.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- Major countries in the regions have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
Styrenated Terpene Resin Market Report Highlights
By END USE
Key Market Players
Xinyi Sonyuan Chemical Co., Ltd., Songyuan Chemicals Group Ltd., Formosa Produce Corporation, YASUHARA CHEMICAL CO., LTD., Foreverest Resources Ltd., Suichuan Xinhai Chemical