Sugar-based excipients have witnessed broad acceptance as ingredients in pharmaceutical tableting. They can be used to mask the bitter taste of active agents thereby making it more palatable. As direct compression has become the preferred method of tablet manufacture, the demand has increased for compressible sugar-based excipients.
The factors that drive the growth of this market primarily include the increasing use of co-processed excipients, rapid growth in the generics market due to patent expiration of many blockbuster drugs, and increasing development of orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs). However, stringent regulatory requirements that lead to a shortage of FDA-approved products are prone to decrease the market growth to a certain extent.
The global sugar-based excipient market is segmented on the basis of product into actual sugar, sugar alcohol, and artificial sweeteners. Based on type the market is divided into powders, compression sugars, crystals, and syrups. On the basis of application, the market is divided into fillers, diluents, tonicity agents, and flavoring agents. Geographically this market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players in the global sugar excipients market include DFE Pharma, BASF SE, Ashland Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, MEGGLE AG, Associated British Foods Plc, Cargill, Inc., FMC Corporation, and The Lubrizol Corporation.
- Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by top players in the sugar excipients market.
- The report analyzes the sugar excipients market by product, type, functionality, formulation, and region.
- It provides detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research & development activities, and new product launches in the sugar excipients market.
- In-depth assessment of the growth strategies and product offerings of leading players in the sugar excipients market.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global sugar excipient market from 2016 to 2023 that helps identify upcoming market opportunities.
- Geographically, the world sugar excipient market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and hinder the growth of the global sugar excipient market has been provided.
Sugar-based Excipients Market Key Segments:
- Actual sugar
- Sugar alcohols
- Artificial sweeteners
- Direct compression sugars
- Fillers and Diluents
- Flavoring agents
- Tonicity agents
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA