Sulfone Polymers Market Analysis :
Sulfone polymers are a special category of thermoplastics that exhibit superior properties such as strength and thermal stability and chemical inertness. These polymers can be used in temperatures ranging from -100 to +200 degree centigrade. Three major types of sulfone polymers are used commercially which are polysulfones, polyphenylsulfones, and polyethersulfones. Owing to its excellent properties, sulfone polymers are widely used in end-user industries such as automotive, aerospace, food & beverage, and others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the globe has affected the global sulfone polymers market to a great extent.
- The demand for the products of automobile and electronics industries have gone down steeply during the pandemic. This has caused decrease in demand for sulfone polymers in these industries.
- China is a major hub for the electronic industry in the world. Thus, the complete shutdown of the country affected the global electronics market and also had severe impacts on the demand of sulfone polymers in the market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The rapid technological advancement in the automotive and aerospace industries have upsurged the demand for high performance sulfone polymers. Due to qualities like high strength and heat resistance, sulfone polymers are used to manufacture aircraft radomes. Moreover, the shift from metals to composite materials made of sulfone polymers combined with fiber glass is observed in the aerospace industry due to the lighter weight and superior strength. This also adds to the growth in demand for sulfone polymers in the market. Sulfone polymers can easily be manufactured in the form of membranes with different pore sizes ranging down up to 40 nanometers. These membranes are extensively used in wastewater treatments, gas separation and also in food and beverage industry. These polymers and also used for making pans and other utensils that can be used in a wide range of temperature and can also be used in a microwave oven. Sulfone polymers provide a non-stick surface and easy to clean and thus it is preferred by most of the consumers. The growing research and developments around the world has shown that sulfonated polyethersulfones, a type of sulfone polymer, have better qualities as proton-exchange membranes in fuel cells than the conventional aromatic hydrocarbon-based polymers. Due to its high thermal stability and inertness against hydrolysis, sulfone polymers are used in several medical applications that involve sterilization and autoclave. The wide array of applications of sulfone polymers in different industries have led to the growth of the market across the globe. However, the higher costs of raw materials and stringent government regulations on the impact of sulfone polymers on the environment are few restraining factors for the market. But, having said that, higher investments on research and developments in order to improve the product further and the wide array of applications in different industries such as automotive, food & beverage, Aerospace, and others have led to the growth of the sulfone polymers market across the globe.
North America holds the largest share of the global sulfone polymers market owing to the rapid developments in the aerospace and automobile industries in the developed nation’s especially in the U.S. The market in the Asia-Pacific region is also expected to grow at a significant rate with the growing demand for sulfone polymers in the massive electrical and electronics market in countries such as India, China, and Japan.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sulfone polymers industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global sulfone polymers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sulfone polymers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global sulfone polymers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the sulfone polymers market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the sulfone polymers market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sulfone Polymers Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Industry Vertical