Sulfur Hexafluoride Market Insights and Forecast -2027
Sulfur hexafluoride is a nonflammable, colorless inorganic compound having the chemical formula SF6. The molecule of sulfur hexafluoride has an octahedral geometry with six sulfur atoms attached to the sulfur atom placed at the center. It is industrially manufactures by reacting fluorine with sulfur through electrolysis. It exhibits enhanced thermal and electrical properties, and thus is extensively used in various electrical equipment. The superior thermal stability and high dielectric strength enable the compound to provide efficient insulating and cooling properties.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the global sulfur hexafluoride market.
- The demand for energy decreased significantly in the period of the pandemic as several business activities and commercial places such as malls and offices were restricted all over the world. As a result, the power generation sector was on a downfall, which lowered the demand for sulfur hexafluoride in the market.
- The economic slowdown caused by the pandemic lead to a steep decline in demand for electrical appliances in the market, which has directly affected the demand for sulfur hexafluoride in the electronics sector across the globe.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The rapid growth in the electronics industry and increase in usage of products such as semiconductors, power tools, and switch gears have fueled the demand for sulfur hexafluoride all over the world. Sulfur hexafluoride is extensively used during power generation in light voltage transformers, switchgears, and circuit breakers. Major companies give sulfur hexafluoride the preference over conventional dielectrics due to advantages such as lighter weight, requirement of smaller space, and operational safety of the equipment. In addition, it is employed as an etching has during the production of different semiconductor devices and photovoltaic panels. In the healthcare sector, sulfur hexafluoride has a wide array of applications such as a contrast agent used during the surgery of eye and is also employed in various therapeutic segments such as pneumonectomy and ophthalmology. On the contrary, sulfur hexafluoride is used in the extraction of aluminum and magnesium by preventing the rapid oxidation of the metal in the molten state when it comes in contact of air, thereby decreasing the loss of metal during the extraction process. However, the adverse effects of sulfur hexafluoride on human body as well as the environment and the stringent regulations on the usage of the compound might act as a restraining factor for the market. Conversely, the adoption of high-voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission system in the developing countries is expected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period since there is an extensive use of SF6 in the manufacture of the HVDC systems.
Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest share of the global sulfur hexafluoride market, and is followed by Europe and North America. The rapid growth in the power generation industries coupled with the massive electronics industry has driven the growth of the market in Asia-Pacific, especially in countries including India, China, and Japan.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sulfur hexafluoride industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global sulfur hexafluoride market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sulfur hexafluoride market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the sulfur hexafluoride market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the sulfur hexafluoride market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sulfur Hexafluoride Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Matheson, Showa Denko, Qinghai Xinhe, Huaneng Fluorin, Solvay, Fujian Shaowu Yongfei, Concorde Specialty Gases, Advanced Specialty Gases, Kanto Denka Kogyo, Linde Group