Sun Care Market Analysis
Sun care is the frontline defense mechanism, which protects the skin from the harsh harmful sun rays. Sun rays consist of Ultra Violet A (UVA) and Ultra Violet B (UVB) rays, which can be very damaging to the skin. These rays can result in sunburns, premature aging, fine lines & wrinkles, tanning, dark spots & sun spots, and pigmentation. To protect the skin from such harsh impact, products with Sun Protecting Factor (SPF) are used. Various sun care products contain natural ingredients such as plant-based and fruit-based extracts, which nourish the skin. Various other sun care products contain anti-aging and soothing ingredients.
- The world has to come to a halt due to the sudden outbreak and widespread of the novel coronavirus.
- Industries were shut and the markets were deserted. This non-functioning of industries has affected the sun care sector.
- Stringent rules regarding the movement of people led to remote exposure to the sun. Therefore, a decline has been witnessed in the demand for sun care products.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
The sun care sector is expected to witness significant rise during the forecast period, owing to rapidly rise in awareness regarding skin issues caused by excessive sun exposure such as skin cancer, sun burns, premature aging of skin, and pigmentation. There is rise in awareness about skin health and protection from the sun. This is a major factor that drives the growth of the sun care market in a positive direction. The personal care industry is on the rise and witnesses significant market growth. Sun Protection Factor (SPF) can be found in various products for personal care providing multiple benefits. SPF is found in personal care products, such as body lotions, which help to keep the skin moisturized and healthy with an added benefit of sun protection.
Furthermore, to ensure better protection from the harsh sun rays, better sun care depends on two aspects - the degree of SPF and the amount of SPF applied on the skin. Products containing high SPF and continuous usage of SPF are other driving factors, which increase the demand for sun care products. Recently, outdoor activities, such as sports and adventure, have gained popularity. Participation in such outdoor activities calls for usage of sun block to counter the harmful UVA and UVB rays. This is another factor which drives the growth of the sun care market. In addition, increase in usage of self-tanning products to tan the skin instead of physically going out in the sun is another major factor, which fuels the sun care market growth.
A trend which has been contributing to the growth of the sun care market significantly is the usage of SPF in cosmetic products. Recently, innovative and developed cosmetic products containing SPF have been available in the market, which have gained popularity very quickly. Manufacturers invest in R&D to introduce innovative sun care products, which provide the basic quality of sun protection coupled with additional benefits such as anti-aging and dark spot reduction. Another trend that has been observed is the demand for sun block comprising natural and clean ingredients, as the awareness about clean and natural ingredients have been increasing among consumers.
On the basis of region, North America is the major consumer of sun care products, owing to increase in awareness regarding skin issues caused by harsh sunrays and the rise in demand for self-tanning products. On the other hand, APAC countries are expected to witness growth in the sun care market due to rise in awareness of the harmful effects of sun rays as the region is exposed to harsh sun throughout the year, rapidly increase in population, modernization, and changes in lifestyles. Therefore, these factors are expected to increase the demand for sun care products in the region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sun care market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the sun care market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the sun care market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the sun care market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sun Care Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Beiersdorf, Merck & Co. Inc., Christian Dior SA, Shiseido Co Ltd, Avon Products Inc, Johnson & Johnson, Gr. Sarantis S.A, Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Energizer Holdings, Loreal Group, MelaleucaInc, Beiersdorf AG, Procter & Gamble, Mary Kay Inc, the Body Shop International Plc