Super absorbent dressings are multilayer wound protections, comprised of a semi or non-adhesive layers and extreme adsorptive layers of fibers. They are used as in management of severe exudating wounds such as ulcerating cancer wounds, dehiscence wounds, and exuding ulcers.
Super absorbent dressings market is experiencing growth due to the expansion and emergence of wound care management sector. Furthermore, increase in demand of super absorbent dressings due to their favorable properties such as high exudate absorbing, fluid retention, favorable performance under compression, easy application, and cost effectiveness is anticipated to escalate its demand in the market.
In addition, increase in geriatric population, healthcare expenditure, incidence of chronic diseases, prevalence of accidents and trauma cases, number of surgeries, technological innovations in super adsorbent dressings, and healthcare awareness, fuels the growth of the super absorbent dressings market. However, government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of the super absorbent dressings hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities related to super absorbent dressings are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of product type, dressing type, application, end-user, and geography. By product type, the market is divided into adherent and non-adherent. By dressing type, the market is bifurcated into sterile dressing and non-sterile dressing. Based on the application, the market is categorized into primary wound care and secondary wound care. Based on end user, the market is classified into hospital, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and homecare. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities for the period (20172023) in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Super Absorbent Dressings Market Key Segment:
By Product Type
By Dressing Type
- Sterile Dressing
- Non-Sterile Dressing
- Primary Wound Care
- Secondary Wound Care
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- 3M Healthcare
- Johnson & Johnson
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Medtronic plc.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Paul Hartmann Pty Limited
- Baxter International Inc.
- Derma Sciences Inc.
- Mlnlycke Health Care