Super Computer Market Outlook - 2027
The global super computer market size is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. A super computer is a computer with a high level of performance compared to a traditional computer. The performance of a super computer is usually measured in floating-point operations per second instead of million instructions per second. The purpose of a super computer is greatly calculation-intensive operations with the problem of weather research, forecasting, and other scientific calculation.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic is having a significant impact on virtually every front. The quick spread of the virus has revealed there are no emergency response plans against the threats to human beings caused by viruses.
- One of the shortcomings is the lack of technologies for the quick improvement of medicines for therapy and diagnostics. The super computer is witnessing a growth in demand to alleviate the years that would have been spent on researches had these computers not been there. Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is using a super computer to find small molecules that might be effective at fighting against the viral infection.
- Many organizations, institutes, and government agencies are investing in this state-of-the-art hi-tech technology to come up with a treatment for the virus. The desperate need of the hour is driving the demand for super computers, and this demand is likely to grow in the coming years as corporates realize how crucial it is to invest in researches and advanced technologies.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Surge in demand for higher processing power is a major driver of the super computer market growth. Increased adoption of supercomputing system by the commercial sector is another factor driving the market. Moreover, advancement in technology and the growing trend of cloud technology are also encouraging the market growth. The growing use of cloud technology is one of the significant super computer market trends. With the growing workload, supercomputing centers are adopting cloud and parallel applications are being run by the cloud as they do not require particular architecture. With increasing sophisticated applications in the future, the demand for cloud is expected to consequently grow. Numerous giant companies are shifting toward partnership and collaboration to provide enormous growth potential.
Growing demand for higher processing power to drive the super computer market
Development of highly sophisticated models that deal with complex environmental, physics, and chemistry issues require higher computing resources to solve the problems associated with them. The development of such models is required to solve problems and innovate products & solutions that make lives easier. Supercomputing is the fastest way to resolve problems that would otherwise require years. The need for higher processing power rises as the problems get complicated. Therefore, countries across the globe are engaging in promoting the use of super computers. China is leading with the most number of super computers trailed by the U.S. as these countries are heavy invested in R&D and innovations.
Growing use of the cloud to grow the super computer market
Supercomputing centers are progressively using the cloud to manage workloads. Parallel applications that do not require very specific architecture are being run using the cloud. However, more sophisticated applications are likely to be run on the cloud as time progresses. For instance, Cray struck a partnership with Microsoft. The partnership permits Cray to access Microsoft's Azure customer base, with the potential to deliver better growth for the company. Cray is offering dedicated CS-Storm and Cray XC super computers inside the Azure platform as a part of the partnership. This permits customers to run their HPC and AI applications alongside their other cloud workloads. The financial, automotive services, and life sciences sectors are anticipated to witness increased interest in using cloud services for super computers. Therefore, the rising use of the cloud is a key trend, which is expected to boost super computer industry growth over the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global super computer industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global super computer market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global super computer market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed super computer market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the super computer market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the super computer market forecast?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Super Computer Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Fujitsu, Microsoft, NEC, IBM, Cray, Hewlett Packard (HP), Lenovo, Oracle, Dell, Nvidia