The outsourcing of the supply chain management (SCM) function of the organization to the third-party service provider is SCM business process outsourcing (BPO). The SCM was intended to be a core function within organization. However, fundamental changes in SCM such as need of beyond boundary approach of logistics, procurement, and inventory management create the need for the SCM BPO market. Minimizing the overall cost, meeting the customer demand, and more flexibility in supply chain operation are some if the salient features of SCM BPO. Unexpected costs and difficulty in integrating SCM in the BPO limit the adoption of SCM BPO.
The rise in need of cost-effective operations and growth in demand for advanced SCM practices drive the SCM BPO market. Data security while outsourcing the SCM is one of the important challenges in front of the market. The adoption of cloud-based BPO for SCM creates ample opportunities in the market.
The integration of advance technology such as cloud and analytics in the SCM by the key vendors creates intense competition in the market. For instance, service provided by Accenture reduces logistics cost, improve availability, and improves service revenue. The market is expected to grow at a considerable rate owing to technological advancement and integration of outsourcing processes with SCM.
The market is segmented based on sourcing, type, service, industry verticals, and geographic landscape. In terms of sourcing, it is divided into onshore, offshore, and nearshore.
Based on type, it is bifurcated into traditional SCM BPO and business process as service (BPaaS). The service segment is categorized into order management, inventory management, after market service, logistics, SCM analytics, manufacturing operations, sourcing, and procurement. The segmentation of the market based on industry vertical is studied across banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), aerospace & defense, healthcare, public sector, IT & telecom, retail, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive analysis and profiles of the major market players such as Accenture LLP., Capgemini SE., Genpact Limited., International Business Machines Corporation, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Avnet, Inc., HCL Technologies Ltd., Infosys Ltd., WNS Global Services Pvt. Ltd., and UPS Supply Chain Solutions, Inc., is also provided in this report.
- This report is an extensive analysis of current and potential market trends in the dynamic global market of SCM BPO.
- The report contains in depth quantitative analysis of current and future market estimations through 20162023, which helps recognize the appealing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market helps understand the current practices for the better investment decisions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of global talent management tools.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Supply Chain Management BPO Market Key Segmentation:
- Traditional SCM BPO
- Business Process-as-Service (BPaaS)
- Order Management
- Inventory Management
- After Market Service
- SCM Analytics
- Manufacturing Operations
By Industry Verticals
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Aerospace & Defense
- Public Sector
- IT & Telecom
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East