Surface Mount Device Semiconductor Market Outlook – 2027
Surface mount device is a mounting electrical component onto the printed circuit boards (PCB) to produce electronic circuits. Components on PCB have small metal tabs, which are soldered. Benefits of using surface mount devices are they have sophisticated component density as components can be mounted on both sides of PCB and are smaller in size.
Surface mounted device use various components such as transistors, diodes, and integrated circuits, which have lower initial costs. Therefore, it has its applications in various industries involving electronic devices. Increase in demand for smart devices has led to increase in demand for surface mount device as majorly electronic components require surface mount devices. Innovations in the semiconductor industry paves way for improved and better surface mount devices.
The global surface mount device semiconductor market is segmented on the basis of component, equipment, end users and region. Based on component, the market is divided into transistor & diodes, and integrated circuits. In terms of equipment, the market is categorized into coating equipment, solder equipment, rework & repair equipment, and others. On the basis of end users the market is divided consumer electronics, telecommunication, medical, automotive, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global surface mount device semiconductor industry include Viscom AG, Mycronic AB, Fuji Machine Mfg. Co. Ltd., Mirtech, Nordson Corporation, ASML Holding, Panasonic corporation, Omron Corporation, Hitachi Corporation, and JUTZE intelligence Technology Co.,Ltd.. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global surface mount device semiconductor market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global surface mount device semiconductor market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have significant led to decline in demand for surface mount devices.
- Global factories have struggled to manufacture, integrate and assemble new technologies as workers have stayed in their homes and even the already available devices in various warehouses cannot be transported due to current rules and regulations, which, in turn, has disrupted the global supply chains.
- The surface mount device semiconductor market would be less impacted than other markets for non-essential goods and services as these systems are essential part of automation. Moreover, the world would be shifting more toward automation so that no other pandemic can disrupt production.
- This COVID-19 crisis is expected to provide opportunities for companies to invest, implement, and research in technologies, which involve less human touch. For instance, combination of AI and automation.
- The impact of COVID-19 on market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these products are gradually going to increase as various growing industries
Top Impacting Factors
New innovations in consumer electronics industry has led to its consistent growth. The growing need for additional components in a product has led to the development of smaller electrical components which occupy less area. The use of surface mount devices has led to smaller, light weight and portable devices. As the available space on PCB is used in most optimum manner, the device is compact. With the increased number of components in the surface mount devices, managing its thermal power requirements with limited space in the device pose a challenge and hinder their market growth. Furthermore, increase in demand for LED lighting also leads to surface mount device semiconductor market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Surface Mount Device Semiconductor Market
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation launched a surface mount device package- Intelligent Power Module (IPM) to improve the implementation of low-cost inverter systems, owing to its package design and compactness. This product has flourished the market as it provides simplified design for inverter systems, downsizing of inverter systems possible, and protection features for advanced flexible inverter systems designs. As the global environmental regulations are directed toward energy conservation, these surface mount devices are being used in small fan motors and AC systems.
Surge in Use in Healthcare and Industrial Applications
Healthcare is the emerging sector in using surface mount device semiconductors. Entry of automated and electronics products in the healthcare industry have increased opportunities for growth of surface mount device semiconductors. Moreover, minimum operating and maintenance cost apart from ease of operations are the factors behind this segment’s increased demand. Surge in demand for high quality surface mount devices from contract manufacturers and OEM manufacturers is expected to grow the market in the industrial sector.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global surface mount device semiconductor market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global surface mount device semiconductor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global surface mount device semiconductor industry growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global surface mount device semiconductor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Surface Mount Device Semiconductor Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the surface mount device semiconductor market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the surface mount device semiconductor market trends?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Surface Mount Device Semiconductor Market Report Highlights
By End users
Key Market Players
Mycronic AB,, Viscom AG,, Fuji Machine Mfg. Co. Ltd., Omron Corporation, Nordson Corporation, Hitachi Corporation, JUTZE intelligence Technology Co., Ltd., ASML Holding, Panasonic corporation, Mirtech