Surface-to-air missile (SAM) or Ground-to-air missile (GTAM) is a missile launched from ground position to intercept and destroy enemy aircraft or missiles. It has excellent acceleration that is usually guided by radar or infrared. Radar is one of the major components of surface-to-air missile that helps in tracking and guiding the tracks.
Rise in development of man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS) is expected to boost the market growth. However, increase in use of missile countermeasures is expected to hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, development of missiles for various ranges is anticipated to fuel the surface-to-air missiles market during the forecast period.
The surface-to-air missiles market is segmented on the basis of launch type, product, application, and geography. Based on the launch type, the market is bifurcated into shoulder launched and vehicle launched missiles. By product, the market is classified into high altitude missile, hollow missile, and low altitude missile. By application, it is categorized into fighting, air defense, and others. On the basis of geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Boeing, Bharat Dynamics Limited, Denel SOC, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, L3 Technologies, Raytheon, General Dynamics, Airbus, Israel Aerospace Industries, Lockheed Martin are some of the major key players profiled in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global surface-to-air missiles market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions are provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Surface To Air Missiles Market Key Segments:
By Launch Type
- Shoulder Launched
- Vehicle Launched
- Air Defense
- High Altitude Missile
- Hollow Missile
- Low Altitude Missile
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Rest of LAMEA
- Bharat Dynamics Limited
- Denel SOC
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
- L3 Technologies
- General Dynamics
- Israel Aerospace Industries
- Lockheed Martin