Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Analysis
Finished surfaces consist of several structures and materials, which get exposed to harsh conditions over a long period. Surface treatment chemicals aid in controlling friction and act as a protection layer during sliding. This protective layer prevents the surface from various hazards such as extreme temperature and other abrasive conditions. Surface treatment chemicals are widely used on the surfaces of metals and alloys-like materials. The process of surface treatment on metals is known as coatings pre-treatment.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The global market for surface treatment chemicals is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The market is expected to witness a temporary downfall during this pandemic. Sharp decline in automotive, transport, and construction business will reduce the demand for surface treatment chemicals.
- In India the automotive business represent around 50% of total surface treatment chemical consumptions. However, during the pandemic, the market witnessed a sharp decline by 30–40% in automotive, which further affected the market growth.
- However, during the post pandemic period, major demand is expected from transport, automotive, industrial machinery, electrical & electronics, and construction sectors.
- Environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and improved durability will be the major factors influencing the post pandemic market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
The demand for durable and wear-resistant products is increasing, which, in turn, boosts the need for surface treatment chemicals to prevent corrosion. Material base surfaces treated with these chemicals have more resistance and improved adherence while undergoing further operations such as printing and others. In addition, surge in demand for bio-based cleaning chemicals in the sector such as aerospace, industrial, construction, and others is the major driving factor of the surface chemicals treatment market. Moreover, it is expected that industries such as marine will witness increased demand for surface treatment chemicals during the forecast period. However, implementation of stringent regulations concerning the emission resulting from the manufacturing of these chemicals acts as the major restraint of the market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global surface treatment chemicals market industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the surface treatment chemicals market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the surface treatment chemicals market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global surface treatment chemicals market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global surface treatment chemicals market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of the surface treatment chemicals market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the surface treatment chemicals market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in market dynamics?
Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Euclid Chemical Company, Nippon Paint Co. Ltd., Henkel Corporation, DowDupnt Inc., Fosroc, NOF Corporation, Sika AG, PPG Industries, The 3M Company, Arkema