Surgery medical bandage market is an adhesive tape used to close or hold a wound or dressing for medical and first aid treatment.Surgery medical bandages are widely used to cover wounds, sports injuries, and support fractures and wrists. In the case of postoperative surgery, the bandages used to maintain the body structure are suppressed by preventing the movement of body parts. Materials such as plastic, fabric, and synthetic are used for making medical bandages and have an elastic structure or an attachment to serve as a support system. Based on the product, the market for medical tapes and bandages has been divided into tapes and medical bandages. Part of the medical bandages is divided into muslin bandage rolls, elastic bandages, triangular bandages, bone bandages, elastic plaster bandages, and more.
Impact of Covid-19 on Surgery Medical Bandage Market
- There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and the civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in the number of COVID-19 cases globally. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure an adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the surgery medical bandage market.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 on the other hand will hurt the surgery medical bandage market. Traditional wound dressing includes surgical tapes, non-infectious protection, and dry dressing. The traditional dressing is more time-consuming to heal and is less effective than advanced dressing. This dressing cannot be used to treat all types of wounds, especially heat wounds. The traditional wound dressing market is expected to see lazy growth due to these limitations. The supply of products may be affected by global lockdown. However, the tape and medical market are not expected to be significantly affected by the COVID-19 epidemic as this is widely used in-home care settings.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Swot Analysis, Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threats
- Chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, and other autoimmune diseases, are driving the Surgery medical bandage market growth. Also, factors such as resistance to bacteria, alcohol consumption, acceptance of unhealthy and sedentary lifestyles, and smoking contribute to the spread of non-communicable diseases. According to the report that was published by the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), diabetes and prediabetes are estimated to grow and have affected more than 100 million people in the U.S. In 2016, the WHO reported that the global death caused by diabetes is estimated to be around 1.6 million.
- The factors that boost the market include rising number of surgeries, increasing incidence of chronic wounds, rising geriatric population in the region like Asia-pacific, clinics, and surgical procedure and high expenditure in the healthcare sector, growth potential in many emerging countries also allows this market to grow.
- The factors that hinder the market extension include substitute of bandages, so this market is very fragile to changes and any changes in the surgical bandages will decline the market. Another factor is the increasing pricing pressure on market players as the price will depend on the availability of the product in the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Surgery medical bandage market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the surgery medical bandage market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Surgery medical bandage market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Surgery medical bandage market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Surgery Medical Bandage Report
- Who are the leading players active in the surgery medical bandage market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is a "surgery medical bandage"?
- What is "surgery medical bandage" market prediction in the future?
Surgery Medical Bandage Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Medtronic plc, 3M, Beiersdorf AG., Jiangxi 3L Medical Products Group Co., Ltd., Ethicon Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), URGO, Winner Medical Co, Ltd, Molnlycke Health Care AB, Dynarex Corporation, McKesson Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, PAUL HARTMANN AG, Cardinal Health Inc, Smith & Nephew Plc