Surgical imaging robots are included in medical procedures that combine sophisticated robotic and imaging technologies, mainly to perform minimally invasive surgery. In these procedures, the surgeon is led by images from various techniques, including magnetic resonance and ultrasound. Images can also get utilizing small cameras attached to probes that are tiny enough to fit into a minimal incision. The camera permits the surgery to be carried out using a much smaller incision than in traditional surgery. Fine, finger-like robotic tools are used to do the surgery. As the surgeon watches the image on the screen, they use telemanipulation to transmit and direct hand and finger movements to a robot, which can be controlled by hydraulic, electronic, or mechanical means.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the surgical imaging robots market.
Top Impacting Factors
- An exponential rise in the cases of cardiovascular and neurological disease has created resultant demand for minimally invasive surgeries. This is expected to boost the surgical imaging robots market growth.
- Technological developments have started and are in progress to launch modern features in surgical imaging robots. These advancements are anticipated to build opportunities for the extension of the market in the upcoming years.
- The application of surgical imaging robots is anticipated to be in scope because of the rise in number of hip and knee replacement surgeries.
- Contrarily, handling difficulties faced while using new imaging robotic instruments and the fright of mechanical and human errors are anticipated to hamper the use of surgical imaging robots.
New product launches to flourish the market
In March 2021, photonic media launched a new product with the modern technology of media to create revenue in the market. The product's unique features are a tiny spectrometer for cell phones, a 32K-goal camera equipped for identifying subpixel absconds, and a whole computerized pathology framework to use in surgery.
Surge in usage in surgical procedures
The increase in number of knee and hip replacement surgeries due to rise prevalence of arthritis, bone degenerative diseases, osteoporosis, and related injuries is one of the factors driving the surgical imaging robots market growth.
Surgical robots have witnessed a paradigm shift in recent years majorly because of technological developments in the field of 3D imaging, data recorders, data analytic systems, microscopic cameras with high definition, remote navigation technology systems, motion sensors, robotic controlled catheters, and other accessories used for surgeries. Such advancements are helpful in the development of newer applications for existing platforms, which increases the adoption, and creates disruptive technologies that would be helpful in driving the surgical imaging robots market growth in near future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the surgical imaging robots industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the surgical imaging robots market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the surgical imaging robots market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the surgical imaging robots market.
- The report provides a detailed surgical imaging robots market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Surgical Imaging Robots Report
- What is "Surgical imaging robots "?
- What is "Surgical imaging robots” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Surgical imaging robots” Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Surgical imaging robots” Market report?
Surgical Imaging Robots Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Medtronic, Fourier Intelligence, Intuitive Surgical, Philips, F and P Robotics, Siemens, Blue Frog Robotics, GE Healthcare, Double Robotics, CT Asia Robotics