Surgical staplers are specialized staplers used in surgery to close skin wounds, join, or remove parts of the bowels or lungs. Currently, staplers are preferred over sutures as these are easier, faster, accurate, and consistent to use than hand sutures. Modern surgical staplers are either disposable that are made of plastic or reusable that are made of stainless steel.
Surgical stapling devices were developed in response to rising concerns regarding the healing of traditional sutures. Compared to sutures, modern surgical staplers are less prone to separation and leak. Moreover, the increasing geriatric population at the risk of acquiring several diseases drives the growth of this market.
The advent of new technologies, highly developed health care infrastructure in developed countries, and rising demand for powered surgical instruments in emerging economies are the other factors that contribute to the expansion of this market. Factors that limit the growth of the market are the rising demand for advanced wound closure materials such as glues & fibrin sealants, price competition in the industry, and the side effects such as allergic or adverse reactions associated with products such as titanium or steel.
This market is segmented on the basis of technology into reusable and disposable and on the basis of application into neurosurgeries, plastic surgeries, urology, wound closure, obstetrics, gynecology, laparoscopy, thoracic, microvascular, cardiovascular, and orthopedic surgeries. Geographically the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players in the report include CareFusion Corporation, Codman & Shurtleff (Codman), CONMED Corporation, Ethicon Inc., CryoLife Inc., Medtronic plc., Purple Surgical Inc., Dextera Surgical Inc., and Integra Life Sciences.
- The market analysis with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- It provides extensive information about the current and upcoming trends in the global surgical stapler market which helps find opportunities in this field.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Surgical Stapler Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
CryoLife Inc., Codman & Shurtleff (Codman), Integra Life Sciences, Medtronic plc., CONMED Corporation, Smith & Nephew (U.K.), Ethicon Inc., Dextera Surgical Inc., Purple Surgical Inc., CareFusion Corporation