Surveillance Radars are used to monitor various activities across critical infrastructure and installations such as airports, camps, borders, and harbors. These radars are utilized to detect and track non-linearly and non-cooperative, as well as moving targets for national security. Moreover, it is used to improve perimeter security across both commercial as well as defense sectors. These radar systems can function across platforms including land, naval, airborne, and space. Surveillance Radars are important part of border security operations carried out within the defense sector. Most of the surveillance radars function within the S-Band frequency range. These systems are essentially employed for search and targeting operations. Furthermore, surveillance radars can be utilized for airspace and marine security applications to screen a range of targets including airplanes, ultralights, rambles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), and unmanned aerial systems (UAS), helicopters, boats, and ships. The surveillance radar thus provides great support to military & defense during their tactical mission in unknown territories it acts as their eyes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Government across the all the major countries have announced a lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic resulting in the halt of business. This has led to disruption in manufacturing of defense equipment. Moreover, due to decline in economy and increasing focusing on health budget many countries have reduced their defense budget thus affecting the demand for surveillance radars. Furthermore, commercial aviation had an adverse effect due the pandemic which also affected their demand for surveillance radars. Moreover, due to lockdown there was unavailability of raw materials required for manufacturing of hardware for surveillance radars. Furthermore, due to social distancing & travelling restriction norms, there was unavailability of skilled labor required for developing software for surveillance radars. Defense is an evolving sector which had a slight setback due to the pandemic, but it is expected to recover post pandemic and drive growth of surveillance radars market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in government investment in advanced surveillance technologies, increase in demand for next generation combat aircraft, and modernization of conventional military equipment drive the growth of the market.
- High-cost equipment and inaccuracy during extreme weather conditions hinder the market growth.
- Moreover, advancement in border surveillance system, rise in geopolitical conflicts, and rise in demand for lightweight radars for aerial vehicles act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Advancement in Border Surveillance System
Border surveillance systems have evolved with time and continue to make significant advancements, such as the use of autonomous drones and acoustic radar technologies. Portable ground surveillance radars for border security have enabled various countries to secure their borders more efficiently. Moreover, these surveillance radars are deployed in strategic locations to increase detection rates. Furthermore, state-of-the-art surveillance radars with low false alarms have led countries with border disputes, drug trafficking problems, and illegal immigration to rely on these advanced radars to assist in border protection. For instance, according to an article published by CNET in February 2019, the U.S. government is considering a spending bill worth $100 million to fund the installation of border surveillance systems, such as fixed towers, remote video surveillance systems, and mobile surveillance systems, on its northern border. Thus, all these development in surveillance technologies act as an opportunity for the growth of the surveillance radars market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the surveillance radars market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the surveillance radars market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the surveillance radars market.
- The report provides detailed surveillance radars market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Surveillance Radars Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the surveillance radars market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the surveillance radars market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Surveillance Radars Market Report Highlights
By Radar Type
Key Market Players
Thales Group, Israel Aerospace industries Ltd, Raytheon Technologies, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Saab AB, Honeywell International Inc., BAE Systems, FLIR Systems Ltd., Leonardo S.P.A, Elbit Systems Ltd