Swine Flu Vaccination Market Statistics 2030:
The swine flu vaccine is used to prevent the spread of H1N1 influenza that started as a pandemic in the year 2009. Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by the influenza viruses that are known to infect the respiratory tract of pigs. As the swine flu virus can be transmitted to humans, it can lead to symptoms such as nasal secretions, barking cough, decreased appetite, and listless behavior. The swine flu vaccine or the H1N1 vaccine is given to children who are 6 months to 9 years of age in 2 doses. These two doses are separated by four weeks. However, anyone above the age of 10 years only receives one shot of the vaccine.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the swine flu vaccination market.
Top Impacting Factors
Decline in immunity and increase in incidence of epidemic swine flu infection are boosting the growth of the swine flu vaccination market. Swine flu causes respiratory infections. The virus that causes it mutates quite rapidly enabling it to invade vaccine-induced and natural immunity. This virus can cross animals and come to humans generating new and potentially pandemic strains.
Increased awareness of swine flu and innovation in vaccine manufacturing have further driven the market growth. Several new technologies have the potential to revolutionize response activities and surveillance. These technologies include the use of high-throughput approaches and whole-genome next-generation sequencing. These approaches can not only drive a new surveillance paradigm but also become key elements to be used in outbreak investigations.
Emerging techniques and approaches such as systems genetics, synthetic genomics, mathematical modeling, and systems biology are capable of generating highly complex and huge volumes of diverse gene datasets of viruses. All of these can boost the swine flu vaccination market growth.
Some of the factors that can impede the swine flu vaccination market are the absence of experienced medical individuals and the implementation of stringent regulatory rules against vaccine launches. Ample production to meet the demand of the population and high capital requirement can further create potential hurdles in the market.
Key Market Trends
The current swine flu vaccination market landscape is dominated by live attenuated and egg-based inactivated vaccines, with a small number of recombinant and cell-based vaccines.
Intramuscular vaccines held the largest share in the swine flu vaccination market in 2019. An intramuscular injection delivers the dose deep into the bloodstream quickly. These injections are absorbed much faster than subcutaneous injections, as muscles have a better blood supply than the tissues under the skin. Furthermore, muscle tissues can hold larger volumes of medications.
Oral and intramuscular injections are the ultimate ways of vaccinations, but the nasal route can be considered for further product developments. The nasal route has advantages such as induction of systemic and mucosal immunity and ease of self-administration.
The governments in the Asia-Pacific have launched several initiatives to curb the growth of swine flu. There has also been an increased awareness among people regarding preventable diseases. In addition, there is a large talent pool in this region with skilled personnel. All these factors have been tremendously propelled the market growth in this region.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the swine flu vaccination industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the swine flu vaccination market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the swine flu vaccination market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed swine flu vaccination market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Global Swine Flu Vaccination Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the swine flu vaccination market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow ?
- What are the adoption trends for swine flu vaccination in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is swine flu vaccination?
- What is swine flu vaccination market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Swine Flu Vaccination Market Report Highlights
By Vaccine Type
By End User
Key Market Players
NOVARTIS, BUTANTAN INSTITUTE, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC, CSL, BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC., CANTACUZINO INSTITUTE OF SERA AND VACCINES, MERCK & CO, NOVAVAX, SERUM INSTITUTE OF INDIA LTD, SINOVAC BIOTECH LTD