Switched Virtual Interface Market Insight
A switched virtual interface (SVI) is a logical interface configured on a layer 3 Switch where SVI has no physical interface and provides Layer 3 processing of packets from all switch ports associated with the VLAN. An SVI can be created for each VLAN but only one SVI can be mapped to each VLAN. An SVI being virtual with no physical port can perform the same functions for the VLAN as a router interface and can be configured in almost the same way as a router interface. Benefits of SVI includes much faster processing than router on a stick, since SVI is hardware-switched and routed, least delay since no requirement to reach out for external links from the switch to the router for routing, and higher throughput since Layer 2 EtherChannel’s can be used between the switches to get more bandwidth.
Impact of COVID-19 on Switched Virtual Interface Market:
- An uplift in usage of, virtual and augmented reality has been witnessed as a likely after-effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. The shift towards virtual will affect ways of communicating across learning, working, transacting and consuming.
- In China, ZTE and China Telecoms designed a 5G-powered system enabling remote consultations and diagnoses of COVID-19.
- During the pandemic, the role for the private sector on the front line is increasingly clear as government, central banks and the WHO cannot defeat the disease alone.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The switched virtual interface market is driven by the ever-growing abilities of new technology, fast-moving design and development of new advanced networking solutions. Rising demand for the switched virtual interface among organizations is expected to surge the demand for switched virtual interface market. This is primarily because several organizations prefer switched virtual interface instead of utilizing the router on stick method of connecting the virtual local area networks in the switched network due to efficiency. However, the high cost associated with the implementation of switched virtual interface is likely to restrain the switched virtual interface market in the coming years. Contrarily, troubleshooting virtual local area networks occasionally, are creating issues for most experienced network administrators and hence, it is compelling organizations to adopt switched virtual interfaces in order to overcome such issues and improve the productivity, which is expected to boost the demand for switched virtual interface market in the forecasted years.
High cost associated with the implementation of switched virtual interface
High cost associated with the implementation of switched virtual interface is acting as a hindrance to the switched virtual interface market. This is primarily because multi-layer switching devices are substantially more expensive than a basic Layer 2 switch, which supports virtual local area networks and a low-cost router, which supports Layer 3. This layer 3 is switched virtual interface.
Adoption of switched virtual interface in organizations is increasing
Having VLANs on a network means each VLAN is a different network segment with a different network address subnet present. Although inter VLAN communication can be achieved using a router with multiple interfaces, SVIs come with less complexities therefore increasing its demand in organizations. With the router configuration, all inter VLAN connections are handled by a single physical router interface, or multiple physical interfaces. Sub-interfaces can also be created under a single physical interface of the router to hold the IP addresses of each VLAN network. On the other hand, using SVIs on Layer3 switches becomes more efficient in terms of achieving fast convergence on the network and also for simplifying network management & operation increasing the overall efficiency and productivity of the organizations. Therefore, there is a surge in demand for switched virtual interface market in the forecasted years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global switched virtual interface industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global switched virtual interface market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global switched virtual interface market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global switched virtual interface market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Switched Virtual Interface Market Report Highlights
By Organization Size
By End User
Key Market Players
Emerson Electric Co., Huawei and Technologies Co. Ltd., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Garnet toolkit., Asymetrix Corporation, Apple Computer Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Apple, Inc., Broadcom Inc.