Synchronous Motor Market Outlook - 2027
Synchronous motor is an alternate current motor in which at steady state the rotation of the shaft is synchronized with the frequency of the supply current. The integral number of alternate current cycles is exactly equal to the rotation period. The major components of the synchronous motor are stator and rotor. The stator is stationary and carries armature winding of the motor, while the motor rotates at the same speed as that of rotating magnetic field and carries the field windings, therefore, it is called the synchronous motor. Synchronous motors are used where precise and constant speed is required such as positioning machines, robot actuators, and servomotor.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The temporary shutdown of production activities in electronics, paper, pulp, and oil & gas industries will lead to a temporary downfall in the demand of synchronous motors.
- Extended lockdown due to the outbreak of COVID-19 notably affected the mining and oil & gas industries, owing to social distancing norms. This further led to low production of synchronous motors for industrial applications
- Large dependency on China for various time switches and synchronous motor negatively impacted the market growth globally.
- Moreover, new government restrictions on the imports from China reduced the production rate in Chinese market, thus hampering the global market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in demand for electricity is a major driver of the global synchronous motor market. The advantages of the synchronous motor such as power factor correction, high efficiency, and optimum energy consumption are boosting its demand, globally, thereby augmenting the market growth. However, synchronous motors require direct current excitation, which must be supplied from external sources, as it is not self-starting motors; this acts as the major restraint of the synchronous motor market.
The global synchronous motor market trends are as follows:
Surge in usage in oil & gas industry and industrial applications
High demand for low energy consumption is met by synchronous motor; hence the market is likely to witness significant growth during the forecast period. In addition, synchronous motors have high precision at constant speed; hence, they have wide applications in the industrial sector. Moreover, they are used in timing applications such as tape recorders, record players, and ball mills in which the motor has to operate at a precise speed.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global synchronous motor market industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the synchronous motor market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Synchronous Motor Market Report Highlights
By End user
Key Market Players
ABB Limited, Ndec Corporation, Arc Systems Inc., Rockwell Automation, Emerson Electric, Hitachi Ltd., Toshibha Corporation, General Electric, Bosch Group, Jhonson Electric Holding Ltd.