Synthetic absorbable sutures are manufactured to polymers from the strands. The general materials used are polyglycolic acid and polyglactin 910; among which polyglycolic acid can absorb at a higher rate. Slow hydrolysis is a process that helps in the absorption of synthetic absorbable sutures. This process works where the tissue fluids react with the polymer that causes the breakdown of the molecular structure of the material. Synthetic collagen sutures supplies new features in the field of surgical suturing. On the contrary, surgeons have not utilized the devices at an extensive rate. Chemical polymers help in the composition of synthetic absorbable sutures, which fosters absorption by the process of hydrolysis.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices, such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor, are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the gamma probe device market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Synthetic absorbable surgical sutures are becoming the most usual implantable medical textiles, owing to the rise in popularity among medtech companies and surgical procedures, thereby boosting the growth of the market. In the same way, synthetic absorbable sutures porosity is the principal factor in the determination of how to speed up human tissue healing post-surgery. These are the major factors propelling the synthetic absorbable suture market. The key players in the market are increasing due to advances in R&D activities for the introduction of sutures with small circular fibers, which improve the encapsulation with human tissue for betterment in patient care. There have also been advancements in this field that led to the product free from contaminants on the surface. The manufacturers are increasing their production capacities, which affect the growth of the synthetic absorbable suture market. On the other hand, there has been rise in the availability of other materials for wound closure and rise in demand for minimally invasive procedures, which are the major challenges faced in the synthetic absorbable suture market.
New product launches to boost the market
On February 24th, 2017, Derma Sciences was acquired by Integra LifeSciences. This helped Integra Lifesciences to expand its product portfolio and multiply the number of sales channels in the wound care segment.
Surge in usage in hospital applications
Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and specialty clinics are the major consumers of the synthetic absorbable suture market. Amongst them, the hospital segment is the biggest end-user in the market. This is due to the rise in number of hospitals along with increase in surgeries.
Patients usually prefer hospitals due to patient care, insurance coverage, and safety during procedures for treatments, increase in operation rooms, and availability of new and upgraded technology.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the synthetic absorbable suture market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the synthetic absorbable suture market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the synthetic absorbable suture market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the synthetic absorbable suture market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the synthetic absorbable suture market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the synthetic absorbable suture market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the synthetic absorbable suture market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Synthetic Absorbable Suture Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Medtronic plc, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, ConMed Corporation, Smith & Nephew plc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Teleflex Incorporated, Johnson & Johnson, Acelity L.P. Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation