Synthetic Aperture Radar Market Outlook – 2027
Synthetic aperture radar is used for creation of 2D or 3D reconstruction of a landscape or an object. Synthetic aperture radar is a space borne or airborne radar system which generates remote sensory image with high resolution. Synthetic aperture radar or SAR system gathers data of the flight path to stimulate aperture or large antenna electronically. Synthetic aperture radar operates similar to phased array. However, instead of large number of parallel antennas, synthetic aperture radar uses one antenna in time multiplex. Synthetic aperture radar gathers data from different geographical locations which result into full moving platform. Synthetic aperture radar is also used in defense systems for earth resource mapping, environmental monitoring, etc.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation,the research & development in synthetic aperture radar systems has been hampereddue to the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- Slowing sign in economies of several countries has been observed due to COVID-19 effect, which may limit governments investment in their defense projects. Such reduction in investment will directly affect the growth in synthetic aperture radar market.
- Travel restrictions and reduction in military activities due to COVID-19 has also adversely effected growth of synthetic aperture radar market, as synthetic aperture radar is used in various military applications.
- Demand may rise significantly in global synthetic aperture radar market in upcoming quarter as industry’s production has started to get momentum after the tough phase of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Growing demand for technologies providing situational awareness, increasing demand of effective surveillance & communication network, and increase in deployment of space-based radars are some of the major factors which drive the growth of the global synthetic aperture radar market. However, high development cost of synthetic aperture radar is restraining the growth of the synthetic aperture radar market.Contrarily, increase in development of dual-band synthetic aperture radars and automation & miniaturization of radars for the unmanned aerial vehicles & unmanned combat vehicles are expected to further contribute in the growth ofglobal synthetic aperture radar market.
Increase in demand for effective surveillance & communication network
Due to the regional conflicts between countries, the demand of effective surveillance & communication satellites has been increased. For instance, in August 2019, a Russian spy plane was spotted in Chicago (U.S.) to monitor activities. Such rise insurgencies between countries has accelerated surveillance activities, which has resulted in increased launch of such satellites. For instance, in January 2020, China launched 4 satellites, in which two satellites were of China whereas two satellites belonged to Argentina. Moreover, China plans to launch 50 such satellites in 2020 as compared to 34 launches in 2019. Such increase in demand of surveillance is increasing number of satellite launches equipped with synthetic aperture radar, hence driving the global synthetic aperture radar market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of thesynthetic aperture radar industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global synthetic aperture radar market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global synthetic aperture radarmarket growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global synthetic aperture radar market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the synthetic aperture radar market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the globalsynthetic aperture radar market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Synthetic Aperture Radar Market Report Highlights
By Frequency Band
Key Market Players
IAI, BAE Systems., Lockheed Martin Corporation., Saab AB, Cobham Limited, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, ASELSAN A., Leonardo S.p.A., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation., Thales Group