World Ropes may be constructed of synthetic or natural fibers as well as from steel fibers. Synthetic fiber ropes are generally stronger than natural fiber ropes. Though, synthetic fiber ropes possess certain disadvantages such as slipperiness. Its exceptional properties such as superior lifting strength than natural fiber ropes, electrically non-conductive, and high strength to weight ratio boosted up its need in the market.
Low weight and high strength characteristics of synthetic ropes increase its demand in the market. Safety aspect of the synthetic ropes also drives the market. High cost of raw material poses a threat in the growth of the market. However, due to increase in the awareness of the product among end user industries the market is expected to overcome this restraint during forecast period.
The report segments the synthetic ropes market on the basis of raw material, end-use industry, and geography. On the basis of raw material, the market is segmented into polypropylene, polyester, nylon, polyethylene, and specialty fibers. Polypropylene ropes are projected to remain the dominating segment of the synthetic rope market during the forecast period. Based on the end-use industry, the market is divided into marine & fishing, oil & gas, sports & leisure, construction, and others. Marine & fishing segment is expected to register the highest growth during the forecast period. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America holds the largest share in the market of synthetic ropes in 2015. Asia-Pacific is expected to register highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Product development and capacity expansion were the major key strategies adopted by the key players to meet the growth in demand for synthetic ropes in the developing economies. In 2015, a turbine manufacturer devised a craneless blade replacement system using high performance synthetic ropes manufactured by Samson Rope technologies.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as WireCo WorldGroup, Samson Rope Technologies, Cortland Limited, Marlow Ropes Ltd., and Bridon International Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global synthetic rope market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global synthetic rope market by type helps understand the types of ropes that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within synthetic rope market is provided with key market dynamic factors that predicts the behavior of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players within the synthetic rope market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which interprets the competitive outlook of the market.
SYNTHETIC ROPES MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
By Raw Material
- Specialty Fibers
By End-User Industry
- Marine & Fishing
- Oil & Gas
- Sports & Leisure
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA