Table and kitchen glassware are objects, particularly made of glass. These products are mostly used commercially in hotels and restaurants or used in households. Table and kitchen glassware includes objects, which come under the category of drinkware or dinnerware. The global glassware market is holding a dominant position in the tableware & kitchenware industry and is expected to maintain this position in the future. Table and kitchen glassware products are available in colored, transparent, or matte forms. Although tableware and kitchenware items are made from materials other than glass, like steel and plastic, consumers prefer glassware items above all others. The main reason behind this is that the glass made products eliminate the presence of bacteria as they do not have pores. Due to this, health-conscious consumers are shifting toward glassware products. The aesthetic look of the glassware products also appeals to the customers. Glassware products are often considered to symbolize class and luxury lifestyle, which in turn, boosts the growth of the global table and kitchen glassware market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- As a result of the ongoing pandemic crisis, there is a decrease in the overall performance of the glassware industry.
- The disruption of the supply chain has affected the production and distribution process.
- Pay reduction has been implemented for the factory workers.
- Stay at home orders have stopped people from going outside for purchasing such products.
- The hotels and catering industry drives the growth of the table and kitchen glassware market, but due to the prevailing lockdown situation, the demand for glassware has been put on halt.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Changes in lifestyle, taste, and preferences of the consumer, increase in disposable income, increased investment in the hotel and catering industry, increase in the standard of living, expansion of middle-class population, and surge in retail sector drive the growth of the global table and kitchen glassware market.
Consumers are shifting toward more sophisticated dining practices, and therefore, there is an increase in the demand for vintage drinkware and dinnerware made from glass. Increased investments in the hotel and catering industry in developing countries like India fuel the growth of the glassware market. Further, the penetration of e-commerce fosters the growth of the global kitchen and table glassware market.
However, manufacturers are not able to maintain the quality of the product in terms of durability and appearance, which is the main threat as the competition in the global glassware market is very high. Also, this market faces threats from tableware and kitchenware made from other materials like ceramic, and plastic.
Rapid urbanization, provision of hefty discounts, and innovation through R&D propel the market demand for global table and kitchen glassware.
The global table and kitchen glassware market trends are as follow:
Surge in Demand for Borosilicate Glassware
Borosil, a leading glassware production company in India, produces glassware that is made up of 100% borosilicate. Borosilicate glasses are distinct from conventional glassware because these glasses can be used in the freezer as well as microwaves. There is a surge in the demand for borosilicate glasses because these can be used for different purposes.
Rise in use of Omni-channel Strategy
Conventionally, kitchen and table glassware were sold in brick and mortar stores only. But now, the penetration of e-commerce encourages the manufacturers of table and kitchen glassware products to tap the online market to fuel their sales. They have started selling their products through their websites or other e-commerce platforms. For instance, Libbey, glass, and glass product manufacturing company, headquartered in Ohio, U.S., invested an amount of $12.1 million for launching its e-commerce platform.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global table and kitchen glassware industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global table and kitchen glassware market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global table and kitchen glassware market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global table and kitchen glassware market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Table and Kitchen Glassware Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the table and kitchen glassware market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Table and Kitchen Glassware Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Borosil, Arc International, Tervis, Bormioli Rocco, EveryWare Global, Waterford, Riedel, Libbey, Pasabahce, Boelter Companies