Triacetate cellulose (TAC) is a chemical compound produced from cellulose and acetic anhydride. TAC film is characterized by significantly low birefringence, moderate mechanical strength, and high moisture regain. It is widely utilized as optical compensation film for liquid crystal display (LCD) due to superior transparency and enhanced UV cutting performance. In addition, it is utilized as a photographic film and protective film for polarizing plate, as it possesses high moisture permeability, low birefringence, high light transmittance, uniformity, and superior curling property.
The development of the liquid crystal display (LCD) market is the primary factor that drives the growth of the TAC film market. In addition, increase in aging population and rise in demand for small- & medium-sized polarizers supplement the market growth. However, fluctuating cost of raw materials, such as cellulose, and presence of substitutes hinder the market growth. Technological advancements in products & production procedures and increase in demand for TAC films from emerging economies are expected to provide potential growth opportunities for the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of thickness, application, and geography. Based on thickness, the market is divided into 3040m, 5080m, and 80270m. According to application, it is categorized into dialysis & reverse osmosis, photographic film, polarizing plate, liquid crystal display (LCD), and ion sensing & separation. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- Catalina Graphic Films, Incorporated
- Cayman Chemical
- China Lucky Film Group Corporation
- Fujifilm Global Graphic Systems Co., Ltd.
- Hyosung Corporation
- Island Polymer Industries GmbH
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- SK Innovation Global Technology
- TacBright Optronics Corp.
- Zeon Corp.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global TAC film market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Tac Film Market Key Segments:
- Dialysis & Reverse Osmosis
- Photographic Film
- Polarizing Plate
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD
- Ion Sensing & Separation
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA