A tamping machine is a machine used in packing or tamping of track ballasts under railway tracks. This helps make the tracks more durable. Earlier, this task was carried out manually by laborers with the help of beaters. Introduction of the tamping machine has made the task faster, more accurate, more efficient, and less labor-intensive. For instance, concrete sleepers are very heavy (usually over 250 kg (551 lb)) and is not feasible to be lifted by hand. Thus, tamping machines have now become an essential part of the rail construction & maintenance.
The significant factors that drive the growth of the global tamping machine market are industrial growth, which is an important factor that drives the demand for the transport & logistic industry. Earlier, tamping machines were only equipped to lift tracks and pack ballast. However, modern machines are deployed for tamping and lining of tracks & alignment of rails to make them parallel & in the same level. This ensures more comfort to the passengers & freight and reduces the mechanical strain applied to the rails while travelling by railways. Moreover, the combination of tamping and lining within a single machine helps in saving time and money, as only one machine needs to be run over the track to perform both functions.
The tamping machine market is segmented based on product type and geography. Based on product type, the market is segmented into straight track tamping machines, points & crossing tamping machines, and multi-purpose tamping machines (MPT). Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players that operate in the market include Plasser & Theurer, CRCC High-Tech Equipment Co., Ltd., Harsco Corporation, MATISA MATERIEL INDUSTRIEL SA, Robel Bahnbaumaschinen Gmbh, Gemac Engineering Machinery Co. Ltd., RPM Group, New Sorema Ferroviaria SpA, and The Sinara Group, Strukton.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the tamping machine industry to identify potential investment pockets.
- The key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with their detailed impact analyses have been elucidated.
- Porters five forces model helps in analyzing potential buyers & suppliers and the competitive sketch of the market, which is expected to guide the market players to develop strategies accordingly.
Global Tamping Machine Market Key Segments:
- Straight track tamping machines
- Points and crossing tamping machines
- Multi-purpose tamping machines (MPT)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
Key Market Players
- Plasser & Theurer
- CRCC High-Tech Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Harsco Corporation
- MATISA MATERIEL INDUSTRIEL SA
- Robel Bahnbaumaschinen Gmbh
- Gemac Engineering Machinery Co. Ltd.
- RPM Group
- New Sorema Ferroviaria SpA
- The Sinara Group